Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My questions

+13
seanand
jeolmaga
anything7pob
Basil
Raggs
Meeeeeeeat_
ormian7
ngater
agrimsley
jimjam_w
quind
Wingnut
michaelbolton
17 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

My questions - Page 4 Empty Re: My questions

Post by quind Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:19 pm

If you're going to push on to have a lvl 3 ya then go for it, what I wouldn't do is advance to a lvl 2 and then stick with that a few seasons. It's a lvl 3 YA or nothing.

He's worth promoting to train/sell even if only trained with a lvl 1 YA coach. I'd say stamina and handling spring to mind as the most obvious to train, but please note I think YA lvl 1 training might have a cap at 8 or 9, so if lvl 1 you may wish to training agility and speed as they'll likely see some actual training.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelbolton Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:53 pm

i will probably aim for level 3s towards the middle of next season, so get 2s for him or not? and manager yes or no?
Also would you train those for whole season or changes every 4 weeks or something?

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:18 pm

get level 2 for him with am aim to get level 3 asap , dont get a manager at all.

train agil and speed for a season sounds ok.

Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:09 am

Manager depends. It's a lot of extra money per week, but I'm minded to think if you're advancing to a lvl 3 YA then it's worth the extra.

Training in a lvl 3 YA is capped at 12. Having the manager will assist in making sure training is not wasted on skills already effectively maxed. Having a manager will also aid promoting the right players at 17 and 19 to train and/or sell.

The more players you're likely to promote from the YA the higher the level manager I'd consider using, but likely at least a lvl 2.

If it all seems too much money then I'd hold off doing anything in the YA until revenues are higher.

You could rotate skills being trained, that will lessen the risk of keeping defence and technique for a whole season and possibly doing nothing. Thing with speed and agility is I'd guess those would be lower rated skills on your player all things being equal, and hence a good bet not to get maxed out on lvl 1 training in any event.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:34 pm

aye managers are very logical at times but most of the inof they provide you can accurately geuss or the time frame they are int he academy isnt long enough for him to reach full potential with each player , hence not hiring him reduces expenditure allot.

having one obviously makes life easier for the pedantic among us of which i am defo one, but money also makes life allot easier so it depends on the individual as to what is best option
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelbolton Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:46 pm

wing wrote:tangari needs 2 tech 2 strength 2 defence 2 stam
1 hands1 speed

wooders needs 2 speed 2 agil 2 attack 1 hands 1 defence
1 stam 1 tech

How long would you say to leave them on these nets before changing the nets, and then when should i change players being trained?
I am thinking 50K CSR roughly?
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php?squad=7658#squad=7658&player=all

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:17 pm

There's been a new school of thought that could have merit for some of the newer players which is to invest into a strong YA to develop 40-60k 20 year olds. However it'd be best to talk to the others to see how they feel on this.
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by seanand Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:36 pm

If you can't go down the ya route that jell has said which is a very enjoyable side of the game now. I would train the players well past 50tbh as its the norm to pick up 50 -80k guys cheapest enough so for resale value and longevity in your team 80k players will last longer. As for how long should you keep training on a specific skill till its high enough but I like rounded players not 2-3 skill wonders

seanand

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelbolton Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:19 pm

I am working on the funds for a decent YA and level 4s for when promoted but currently can only work with the trainees i have.

Also 80k players are a bit of big leap better than the rest of my squad and i feel i would rather have a team full of good players rather than 2 or 3 great players in an average team. So rough guidelines on when to stop training?

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Post by seanand Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Ya but you'll have the a team of 50kcsr - 70k (due to igt) and you'll have to replace them again because they won't meet your standard. Full ya and level 4s are perfect you'll have. Very good team in no thing

seanand

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Nicely rounded 50K CSR players with around 90 TDSP is a reasonable target for current trainees. Once there let them play a tick over on IGT and TT, they'll be around 80K CSR in a few seasons.

Then train the next lot of trainees to around 70K CSR and 100 TDSP

And train the next lot trainees to around 100K CSR.

Basically at each stage train until they're a nailed on cert for selection in your 1st XV.

Post that it depends what your aims are. Could be U20, could be a farm club, could be promotion. Any which way there'll be plenty of time to consider that much further down the line.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanand Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:17 pm

ya quind prob siad it better dont be afraid to try things yourself aswell. i like to say aim high and hope for the best

seanand

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelbolton Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 am

ok cheers guys, i will try and get both over 50k and 90 tsp then swap, i have a decent trainee for next season currently in YA Very Happy

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Post by mattjair Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:12 pm

jeolmaga wrote:There's been a new school of thought that could have merit for some of the newer players which is to invest into a strong YA to develop 40-60k 20 year olds. However it'd be best to talk to the others to see how they feel on this.

I've managed to get myself into this position.

Here's the first solid player I've rolled off the block - made a few mistakes with amount of YA training on one skill before I realised they maxed at 12:
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=12305364

Selling, unfortunately, as I am skint and desperately need to sort out my stadium - but I have more to come through all like this.

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelbolton Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:33 pm

I am going to try and sort out a level 3 YA as soon as possible but i obviously need to wait out the current contracts and the waiting time before this is possible. I am also unsure if I am able to afford it right now, but i have cut costs to a minimum and improved my stadium to an appropriate level to last the whole season before further expansion is needed

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelbolton Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Just updating for personal use,
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=11896597
Stamina: Reputable Handling: Impressive
Attack: Impressive Defense: Sumptuous
Technique: Reputable Strength: Reputable
Jumping: Limited Speed: Decent
Agility: Admirable Kicking: Despicable

Last edited by michaelbolton on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Training Pop)

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelbolton Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:36 pm

The top 2 teams are unreachable atm but the next 2 games are bots. Last 2 league games before playoffs are 3rd home and then 5th away, how would you play these 2 games if i am hoping to finish 3rd this season?

I am thinking LTNT both to secure playoffs and hopefully get a home 3rd place playoff

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelbolton Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:58 pm

Also i am looking to cut my squad down a bit, i have 3 wingers and want to drop one

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=11793941
Stamina: Decent Handling: Princely
Attack: Impressive Defense: Satisfactory
Technique: Limited Strength: Moderate
Jumping: Horrible Speed: Admirable
Agility: Admirable Kicking: Average

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=11544647
Stamina: Impressive Handling: Admirable
Attack: Impressive Defense: Admirable
Technique: Limited Strength: Average
Jumping: Moderate Speed: Reputable
Agility: Admirable Kicking: Reputable

and i wanted to keep this guy in as my captain but feel he might be past being useful now

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=2605770
Stamina: Reputable Handling: Impressive
Attack: Decent Defense: Princely
Technique: Limited Strength: Average
Jumping: Non-Existent Speed: Average
Agility: Average Kicking: Moderate

thoughts on which one to drop?

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:02 pm

If you have to TNT R14 to be in the play-offs fair enough. But ideally go for perfect energy not HGA. If you TNT R13 and R14 i think you'll finish 4th, as energy levels will be very low

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelbolton Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:18 pm

I have to LTNT one to make playoffs and i have better chance of winning r14, so i thought that was the best idea, agree?

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Yes. Even if with that schedule it messes with your chance of nicking 3rd

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelbolton Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Upset in my league today, i should now be able to lose both games and still make playoffs Very Happy do i just go for perfect energy and forget about HGA?

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:27 pm

in my opinion that is exactly what you do mate
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelbolton Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:39 am

if its important to have good energy, do i still do MNF and training the week or 2 before playoffs?

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:04 pm

I'd say yes to playing MNF, certainly up to and including R14. It might be a good option to give it a rest in R15, but only if you can do better than 4th. If you'll end up 4th and you're in the play offs might as well play MNF too.

Just do make sure they're set to wnwim

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next