Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humps' question thread.

+11
anything7pob
Twinkletoes
Ultimatem
Wingnut
HowieLO6
Raggs
quind
Meeeeeeeat_
jeolmaga
Jonny2Hats
jimjam_w
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Humps' question thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Humps' question thread.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks for pointing that out Twinkletoes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Is energy quickly replaced after the last league game before the play offs? Most of my first team are around 75-80% and I play a human team next week and while it won't affect my league position I was thinking about playing normally for ranking/bragging points but I may WNWIM to save myself for the play offs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:16 pm

My ranking is currently under 40 so if I do win the play off I will probably not auto promote.

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Energy is replaced after the league final is played and before the next competitive game. So if you win your league final and are below the auto-promote line you'll have your energy replaced ahead of a Div 4 qualifier game.

That said it looks like you've a chance to win your legaue and that may gain you enough ranking points you go ahead of the auto-promote line.

I'm failry sure looking at energy levels you'll beat the human team next weekend, and that will net you some points. And if you win the semi and final that'd net you more points still. Hardasnails look beatable with your squad so give it a whirl.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I'm going WNWIM for human this Sat I think to up my energy levels before the final hurdle. My 4 trainees are all at 65% energy. Hopefully my squad will still have enough about them to win but if I was to lose this league game it doesn't effect my position in the league, only ranking points so I can still go on to the playoffs.

Edit: I may also rest my trainees against the bot the following week to get as much energy back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:58 pm

sounds like a plan you have nothing to lose
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:10 am

If it was me I'd play normal Vs the human side. 1st is out of the question, but as the two other tuman eams play each other in R14 finishing 2nd in the regular season is still on.

You'd still have decent energy going into the play-offs if youe go normal Vs the human side, and then wnwim in R14 Vs the bot. And even if you don't finish 2nd you'll take ranking points for the win, meaning were you to win the league you'd have I think a better shot of going baove the auto-promote line.

There's nothing wrong with going wnwim both games leaving the best energy levelso fight for the title. But in this intnce I'd take the slightly lower energy levels for a shot at HGA in the 2nd Vs 3rd game, AND those extra ranking points.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:30 am

taking all that into account energy levels are the option i would take.

gives you a better shot at winning playoffs and then if you need to wina qualifier so be it energy is reset....
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:34 pm

I'd think you'd stand a better chance of winning the final than a qualifier, and as a consequence I'd want those ranking points. But Wing's opinion is based on far more experience than my own

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Whoa!
Nice team you`ve picked up there:)

I really thought I was excelling until I clicked your link Suspect

Maybe we should hook up for some Thurs. friendlies?

**Rushes to hide player lists in other posts scratch **
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:32 pm

You guys are doing alot better then how I was fairing back when I started.
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:23 pm

quin i base the energy saving option on not planning too far ahead , if you assume you can win the final on lower energy and it fails to pay off what then.... also its hard to predict how many ranking points you will gain from winning the final it might end up being enough to promote but you need to give yoursels the best chance at that.

i also beleive if your not good enough to win a qualifier then its possibly too early for you to promote
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to go normal this Sat and hopefully blow this guy away then rest my trainees for the bot game and avoid any Mon friendlies until I promote (positive thinking there).

Sure Anything7pob we can do Thursday friendlies. It would be great if we did it for quite a few weeks and shared setups after each week so we can discuss what worked and what didn't. Sound like a plan?

I definitely could have spent money more wisely, I've spent £135k on 14 players. The vast majority (80k) was on my trainees but I bought a couple of guys before I'd really done my homework. Need a big payout to fund level 2 facilities and trainers in the middle of next season, get these trainees to 30k CSR and get some more in.

Not bad for 1/2 a season. Next season is mine if I don't promote this time round.

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Sounds good Humps,
We can discuss setups and whatever you like, use it for reasearch.
Is new to me so i`ll be learning as I go.
I`ll send a request.
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:01 pm

I had a notification saying friendly request received but I couldn't see it in my friendly page. I've sent you one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:11 pm

I won 43-7. He was LTNT against my normal too but my forward play approach won it. Time to recover for the play offs and see where I can get to.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjam_w Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Great news Humps - good luck in the playoffs!

jimjam_w

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:19 am

Good win Humps. It's possible Kidsgrove and HardasNails will wnwim each other in the last round too. But if that happens you've a great chance now to get HGA in the 2nd Vs 3rd game, and even if so Kidsgrove already have worse energy than you.

Ideally Kidsgrove will play normal or even TNT to try and get that 2nd spot and really ruin their energy.

Your big decision now might be what energy to play the 2nd vs 3rd game on. Hardasnails will easily make the final wnwim if wanted against the bot, you may need to sacrifice more energy to make the final. As much as possible you won't want to play the semi on more than normal to have a better chance in the final, but then the problem is you may not make the final, and no one has ever won a final by not being there (unless you listed to NZ rugby fans pre 2011)

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:11 pm

43-7 win for me when he LTNT vs my Normal. I am very tempted to WNWIM the semi with the same forward dominated game tactics. Any managers think this is very risky or is that a large enough margin?

Sorry Quin what is HGA?

In other news, after 2.5 years of being out through injury I had my first pre season fitness session today and my back held up ok. Sore now but building it up slowly. Can't imagine anything else would have given me such a boost. Absolutely overjoyed to be back playing.

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Home ground advantage.

And whilst I wouldn't possibly go TNT I'd go normal ahead of wnwim. Energy loss is a lot less for a play-off match so even playing Wednesday and Saturday back to back TNT is very makeable. Certainly playing normal will leave you with decent energy levels going into the final.

Just not worth the risk of a wnwim to me, you've got to be in it to win it. But it might be the brave call that gives you the energy edge to overcome HGA in the final. Have fun deciding

Great news on the return from injury, enjoy your season

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Good game Thurs mate:)
Congrats on some good tactical decisions.
I was dominated in a lot of stats Evil or Very Mad

I am terrible bad loser so I`m gonna hibernate for a few months, but i`ll see you again soon!! albino albino
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:53 pm

Very close!! I will play it very differently next time we have a friendly to try to emphasise my possession dominance a bit more.14 line breaks to your 0 and I won by 7 points. I guess I need more creative/expansive plays so we don't get a line break then have a forward trundle forward a few yards.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=8455724&report=1

Link for those interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi mate Neutral
I have stopped sulking now and sent a new request.
This was supposed to be a learning experience after all...
and I sure learned a few things scratch

Although learning to try to lose gracefully was never at the top of my list.

I will endevour to plug the holes and not roll over study
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:08 pm

good luck
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:22 am

Good man thanks for the invite. I've changed up my tactics completely from last time so we'll see how it works.

Last game of the season!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next