Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BR England Advice - Ask any question here, really any question

5 posters

Go down

BR England Advice - Ask any question here, really any question Empty BR England Advice - Ask any question here, really any question

Post by quind Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:53 am

Following his victory as S15 journalist Wing has been seeking to deploy a team of assistants to cover a variety of roles. My own will be to act as the Agony Aunt for the BR England community, on both BR and non-BR topics. So whether your questions (or even problems) are personal or personnel related feel free to ask your questions here or PM me. I'll be looking to post any highlights (in the event of getting any questions) here, and in the national lobby, but if you PM me and request privacy then names won't be named.

I've actually held the role of Agony Aunt previously whilst writing for the Battered Saveloy, an industry rag that was syndicated to the chip shops of England. In my years or working for the Battered Saveloy my article was known in the trade as the BS advice, and me as the BS guy, something I remain proud of to this day.

Some come one come all and ask what you will of Aunty Quin.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

BR England Advice - Ask any question here, really any question Empty Re: BR England Advice - Ask any question here, really any question

Post by quind Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:12 am

I've been asked for referrences that I'm suitable to handle this role. If in doubt please refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K13hH0pJx5s

I'd also add that I dated a psychologist for several years. And now that I think about it if we're stuck for stories to discuss that relationship alone has dozens to enlighten and entertain. No not that sort of story, good lord what's wrong with you? If you want to find out just ask.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

BR England Advice - Ask any question here, really any question Empty Re: BR England Advice - Ask any question here, really any question

Post by The Zec Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:03 pm

Let it be known that your 'best bits' will be showcased in the end of season Squeeze ball I intend to publish! Also there may be some agony aunt stuff too Wink
The Zec
The Zec

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:22 pm

hehe
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Tedage Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:09 am

How do you fix a claw hand?

Tedage

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:31 am

Ted a fine question. I seem to recall you're having surgery soon, and that was to have some metal out of the hand? Though it's possible this has already happened and I'm just not paying enough attention.

Is the claw hand something you're suffering with now, or something you've been warned may occur or worsen after surgery, possibly from scar tissue?

Without really knowing what I'm talking about, nothing new for me, I assume you're left with some medical possibilities of further surgey or physio. Or the self-help route of tying you hand to a flat surface and leaving it until you suffer from flat hand.

But, and I think this idea has some merit, I think you could look into setting up the M.A.D criminal enterprise, buying a cat, renaming yourself Dr Claw and learn the line 'I'll get you next time Gadget'

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:25 am

love this
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Hello Quindecagon,
Is it possible, in your professional opinion, to have friends like those in the hit TV series, Friends? Or do I have to settle with the slightly more boring friends such as those in the less successful series, How I Met Your Mother?
Regards,
Spotthedog.

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Spot,

I'm afraid I don't know much about How I Met Your Mother, but I don't feel this specific ingorance will greatly affect the overall ignorance I display in my answer.

I think if you want friends like Friends you should go make it happen, and not settle for any boring friends who don't amuse you. The simplest way that occurs to make this happen is to move to the US and follow each of the Friends actors until they become your friend.

You will need to take care not to appear a stalker, as a restraining order will make it harder to be a part of their lives. But I'm hoping here the British accent will open doors for you that may remain closed to the typical obese Yank.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmsy Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:22 pm

As the famous quote goes "Anyone can be your friend, you just have to hang around them long enough" Smile
Harmsy
Harmsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Interesting, thanks Quin!
As an addendum, do you also provide legal representation in case my attempt to make friends with Friends is misunderstood as aggravated stalking?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:31 pm

As part of my news team I am Tempted to offer Zec the role of "Crime reporter and legal Representitive" if he accepts i will forward you his contact Details x
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Quin, I'm not even mad you ate a whole wheel of cheese. I'm impressed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zec Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:40 pm

wing wrote:As part of my news team I am Tempted to offer Zec the role of "Crime reporter and legal Representitive" if he accepts i will forward you his contact Details x

I'm afraid I only do prosecution - defence just doesn't pay the bills Sad
The Zec
The Zec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down