Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aggression and Discipline - best combination?

+3
quind
Wingnut
eddbutt
7 posters

Go down

Aggression and Discipline - best combination? Empty Aggression and Discipline - best combination?

Post by eddbutt Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Whenever aggression and discipline get mentioned, I always hear the perfect combination being "collected" and "collected".

My question is that wouldn't "phychotic" and "flawless" be better? My thinking is that this combination will compete hard and fair and in theory not give away fouls.

Do you agree or disagree? Why?

eddbutt

Back to top Go down

Aggression and Discipline - best combination? Empty Re: Aggression and Discipline - best combination?

Post by Wingnut Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:24 am

you always hear collected and collected being best from who?

i think agressive or spychotic flawless is the best to have ideally becouse you can then also afford to play agressive tactically and bully teams whilst not conceding too many pens
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Aggression and Discipline - best combination? Empty Re: Aggression and Discipline - best combination?

Post by quind Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:06 am

I've started training a young flanker who is aggressive/reckless. Far too early in proceedings to tell if it's worth it yet. But the plan is to keep him on 10 nets for a few seasons and learn what I can. The only skills he's currently 2 netting are technique and speed, aiming to get him as involved as possible, but as they're still rated 8 and 6 respectively many more training sessions are needed.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimatem Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Flawless/aggressive is the best....

BUT

Pantherus is saying that Jeremy has agreed to talk about changing it so players with reckless/rebellious are pretty much as beneficial as those with good discipline... which i think is an awful move

Ultimatem

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Why? All they're talking about is making players different, rather than as previous where some are superior.

Given you can't control scouting to my mind it brings some fairness into the game.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimatem Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:40 pm

I don;t know but look at Pantherus' comment here;

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.clubrooms.php#conversation=43103&z=3026

From what he is saying it sounds kind of like if you have a top class player it is going to be more beneficial to actually have them as rebellious, which is unfair for those of us who have already invested into youths that are flawless-collected and spent a premium for their discipline!

Ultimatem

Back to top Go down

Post by Chargrilled Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:21 pm

Rebellious players will nets you more turnovers while giving away more penalties.

Most managers prefer aggression with good discilpine so that they can choose to play the whole team with high aggression if needs be. If you have lots of rebellious players you might need to by the book a lot and hamper some of your other players.

Chargrilled

Back to top Go down

Post by GDBFC99 Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:06 am

I think reb players are a step too far among the forwards especially in the top teams where a penalty can cost you 3pts or send you 70m backward pronto, reckless is the max for me there.
GDBFC99
GDBFC99

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:46 am

i tend to only allow a reckless player if he has exception skills elsewhere in the forward pack. Im aiming to create a controlled flawless pack. But that's just a dream.
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimatem Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:22 pm

GDBFC99 wrote:I think reb players are a step too far among the forwards especially in the top teams where a penalty can cost you 3pts or send you 70m backward pronto, reckless is the max for me there.

I totally agree, and I think its a good aspect of the game (decising whether to avoid rebellious or not) and therefore is a shame that theyre talking about making reb and flawless players equal

Ultimatem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down