Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reckless Discipline

3 posters

Go down

Reckless Discipline Empty Reckless Discipline

Post by cheandwhi Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:56 am

This young man just joined my academy for 30 stars - my heaviest pull to date. How much of a worry is his reckless discipline if he's to become a first-class prop?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=8385936

cheandwhi

Back to top Go down

Reckless Discipline Empty Re: Reckless Discipline

Post by quind Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:19 am

It's not ideal, but he's absolutely worth being trained. The other option would be to sell him depending on how he comes out of the YA, 'tis possible he would sell very well.

What he will need is some patience whilst stam, tech and exp all climb the ladder. But he looks a beast in the making.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by cheandwhi Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:01 am

Thanks Quind. One further question - do you tend to promote extremely promising players as soon as they turn 17 or wait until they turn 20? And does it differ depending on whether you're looking to sell or keep a player? I'm operating with a Level 3 YA, and Level 4 facilities and coaches.

cheandwhi

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:38 pm

If you want to sell promote asap, people pay much more for kids with potential than for developed players once costs to train are considered.

If you want to keep and train him then it depends. To keep him in the YA he'd have to be getting level 3 YA training else it's again promote asap. If you have no YA manager then again it's promote asap to be able to control his training. If you can see his skills whilst still in the YA, and he's getting top level YA training then you've a choice. In broad terms if he has 1 or more core skills still much lower than you'd like I think keeping a player in the YA for another 1-2 seasons is viable, providing he's 12 or lower in any skill being trained.

The YA will basically deliver a pop every 5 weeks up to level 13 skills, the only way to match that in the seniors is to have 2 nets and a TT slot, and even then the seniors don't keep pace on skills going 10+ and too you can play a trainee every week in the YA on TNT and that's very hard to match in the seniors.

That in this case you've a level 3 YA and level 4 seniors would mean I'd be happier to leave him in Vs putting him onto 10x lvl 5 nets. Where the cut off will depend on his skills though, and whether you want to train him.

I would say at that size he should be sold or seriously trained, no point having him potter about on 5 or 6 nets, it should be 10 nets once in the seniors until he's 21 or even 22

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:18 pm

He looks a great player. Pity he is the wrong season for the u20s, we could use come weight!

Roo

Back to top Go down

Post by cheandwhi Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:49 am

Thanks Roo. My U20 prospects are both... not perfect.

I'm training this guy within my seniors, too short to be a quality lock, though I'm thinking of training him as a 7 (thoughts?).
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=14381252

And this guy has stayed within my YA, though I did think about also promoting him (a little late now...)
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=8235938

cheandwhi

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:41 am

Some U20s will be promoted more around the age of 18 than 17, whilst level 5 senior training is better than a level 3 YA it's not vastly better, and of course in the YA players can play LTNT every week. Whilst it's not impossible to get a player into the U20s on level 4 training that does start to be a bigger hindrance once skills have risen to 13 and over, and it also worsens as a problem as the players improve further.

Herring looks a nice back row based on size and his CSR isn't bad but wages suggest his TSP would be at the lower end that our U20s will pick from, Brockless has timid/reckless to overcome and would need a decent skills advantage as a consequence. Worst case both look set to have really good club careers

Seems a shame for Herring he was promoted today, he'll not have had Tuesday training in the seniors, and he'll miss out on today's YA training also which hasn't been processed yet.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down