Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

low stat training.

+5
jimjam_w
Flu444
jeolmaga
Wingnut
anything7pob
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

low stat training. - Page 2 Empty Re: low stat training.

Post by anything7pob Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:24 am

Noticed no big benefit to the big props although opposition lineout was also strong, I had height advantage but not skill advantage.

lineouts 22/11 against me
scrum 11/9 against

conclusion,
Heavy scrum helped, lineout is maybe more emphasis on other stats than I had realised?!

Also I feel my despicable experiance is holding the team back with all these 17yo.
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 am

Experience is a big factor. But having younger players now will pay off in a few years.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Smile I am still very happy that I have a young team, perhaps worded that other post not quite right.

Better would have been: I feel my teams low experience may be negativly effecting team performance when facing better established opposition.

Overall, I am very happy with the team especially the potential moving forward:)
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:22 pm

I know I'm joining this a little late but I have to say I disagree with quin about the Hooker. After Locks the hooker is the first one I would train, it's just a shame I haven't got round to replacing the Hooker I trained for Belgium a few seasons back.

Hooker's are heavily involved in both the scrum and the lineout. If your Hooker can't throw you have no chance on your own throw, even with great Locks and he is also an integral part of your scrum.

The Belgian Hooker I mentioned above was great for my team and was sorely missed when I sold him on, both my set pieces suffered hugely.

That's just my opinion, do with it what you please Smile
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Just saying I'd train the hooker's handling for the lineouts,that's a given. But after that I'd train other players before focussing on the hooker, certainly if thinking of making a superstar of the hooker.

Hookers add to a team no question, I just doubt they add as much as props, locks and certainly the backrow/halfbacks and centres - once their handling is sorted at any rate

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:43 am

I sold Vlad Brugiere for $32,000, nice business lucky for me 2 guys got into a little bid war for him. Only paid $1,000 a little while back, his wages were harsh too at $9000 P/W

So I bought a new fullback, center and winger and put an ad. out for a lvl. 2 coach.

Well chuffed, the fullback is a little star 17 yo 23,000csr, got him for $5,000 lucky for me his listing ended at 4am:)

the winger has speed 10 which is cool as I heard it is one of the harder stats to train and all 3 of them have decent agility which my team was lacking.

just nee a non rebel prop to swap into my team and I can play aggressively which is my next goal.
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:51 am

Sounds like it's all coming along nicely!
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Thanks mate:)
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:00 pm

sounds like great progress pob
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Also training Bassedas as a Prop now due to good untrainables (psycotic, controlled, 189cm 125kg)
Tevernin, (200cm, 117kg aggressive controlled)
and the new fullback because he is 23k allready. (10 attack, 10 agility, 8 for def, hand, spd, kck. 3 for teq scares me a bit and 5 for str and jmp)

Is really hard for me to leave one of these guys out although, as i`m prob gonna train to sell maybe I should consider it...

I fear feeling stoopid for not listening to Quine and training Bassedas and the other fat prop TB100%H bom
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:31 pm

If I were to start again I'd work on a nice forward pack of controlls and flawless get a real base going thats my thought anyway,
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:20 am

Looks a nice spread of players to train, possibly Eijkelenboom could be trained ahead of Bassedas, but props are easier to train as they don't need so many skills trained to high. So for now I'd go with your plan.

What level facility are you now training in?

And on the full-bck having low strength, technique and jumping I'd just live with that. In an ideal world certainly strength and jumping you'd want much higher for a 15, but if you've only got 7-8 nets to train him on then boost stamina, defence, handling, speed and if you have a kicking trainer then that too - then at some point perhaps agility and attack too. If you don't have a kicking trainer I wouldn't hire one just to train this lad, wait until your income is higher. In a few seasons even if he's no longer what you want at 15 you'd still have an excellent option on the wing.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:54 am

I`m still lvl 1`s all round, advertising for a lvl 2 coach.

I hear what you are saying with the props, I could potentially train Bassedas Eijkelenboom and Ringer all as props to try to maximise the profitability of my low lvl setup.

After scouring the market it seems that props need much less csr to be profitable, just high str and tech with big weight.

Seems that even with 7000 csr headstart my 15 may still not turn the same profit as Bassedas and the fat boys.

Not sure on Tevernin, he seems a great no. 6 to me. will have to try to work it out...

I hope to slash my wages for next season selling many players for profit then boost facilities as high as my profit margins will allow.

I don`t expect to challenge next season if I promote, are the profit lvl`s much higher.

Should I avoid relegation at all costs or is that secondary to club advancement?
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:00 am

May well go for one of them farm setup`s, everyone on low wages and just train 1 or 2 players, maybe kickers. Basically just try to maximise profitability until I hit decent lvl facilities.

Can div IV maintain lvl 3/4 facilities or am I being unrealistic?

Can maybe farm first half of next season and then avoid the drop in the second with the money I would hopefully have made scratch
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:01 am

I liked the players you were going to train

Div IV can easily sustain lvl 4 facilities, I know as I've got them. But I do think I was in too much of a rush to get to lvl 4s. If I did it again I'd spend longer with lvl 3s, the extra cash cost really hurt me for a while.

Whether you can stay up will depend more on the other clubs in the league you promote into than anything you can control. But if you can stay up do.

The higher the division you'll get extra sponsorship (which will offset the lack of prize money in part), but also extra members and extra IGT. And it's also more fun,even if you do take some hidings.

If you do go up and relegate you'll very easily bounce back. And I assume at that point be more than good enough to stay up. I've been in for 3 and a bit seasons now, and with an okay squad I can challenge for 2nd/3rd - but it'll be a while until I can look one notch higher.

Also I'd think in terms of training taking longer than half a season, or you'd have to be very focused on what to buy/train. And even then it may not turn much profit dependent on TM values varying somewhat. Also you'd want to be selling R16 and R1 when prize money is floating around, so if anything buy and train from R7-8 onwards

Get the lvl 2 training as soon as you're able. Possibly don't hire more than one lvl 2 trainer for both attack and defence and if you're able just push on through to lvl 3 training asap. I'd still recommend having nothing in the YA other than a scout, once you've got lvl 3 training sorted then consider whether you want a YA training or lvl 4s as your priority

I'd also track how your salaries increase from R16 this season, to R1 next. I think some of yours may fall as you bought some with high minimum wages, but keep a note of thiose that increase to give you an idea of what to expect in future. I've found it eats a large chunk of the $20k minor sponsor increase

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Great info thanks Very Happy
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2