Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Riches From Raggs

Go down

To Riches From Raggs Empty To Riches From Raggs

Post by quind Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:04 am

There now follows a short presentation on behalf of the candidate known as Raggs. Some thoughts on why I'm choosing to vote Raggs, and not one of the other declared candidates.

The first thought is that electing any candidate, even Raggs, is no guarantee of success which broadly equates to winning the WC. As can be seen from many campaigns, Wing's recent efforts, Hanoi's attempts until this season just gone, there are many things which can trip you up along the quest for the cup, form, energy, meeting a team looking just to make the next round when you're planning for games to come, players having training stopped....it isn't an easy aim and you're looking for a few events to play out for you which you can't always control, chiefly perhaps the draw.

That being the case why vote Raggs and not Wing when I rather like a lot of what Wing has done? That starts with this being a game and not real life, in real life I'm much happier with the idea you simply look for the best candidate and to hell with a lot of other things, but as this is a game I think strongly more than one person should have a go if they want to (providing they're of a high enough standard) and I would have voted for someone other than Wing at the prior election had there been in my mind a strong alternative, and it's important it be a strong candidate as there's winning to be done. So whilst I credit much to the reign of Wing going back as it does to Season 16, and all the efforts to increase the number of players being trained and the numbers continuing to be trained to 450K CSR and even 500K CSR I'm ready to move on.

The game has evolved since Raggs' tenure with the U20s, but he remains an astute tactician, and just as important a keen student of the mechanics of match play. He would be fortunate to inherit a strong squad if voted for by enough people, but I'm convinced would share a strong desire along with those managers training the players (and they more than anything else are the key to any success) to see an England team win at the top table. And I think with a strong manager at the top with good open communication it can help strengthen the community and the offsite (and they're not the same thing in fairness) so the push to win the WC only continues through S25 and beyond.

So ideally go vote for Raggs, or ask some questions here on in the election clubrooms, or even start a thread to support your preferred candidate. There's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition in these events.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down