Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nominations- English Community Award

+2
Wingnut
Pascal
6 posters

Go down

Nominations- English Community Award Empty Nominations- English Community Award

Post by Pascal Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Please use this thread to put forward nominations for your recipient of the 'English Community Award' with a short explanation. This is to recognise the contribution a manager has made towards furthering the English Community this season. The National Journalist is not eligible to be nominated as their contribution is a given, Assistant Journos and NT managers are free-game.

Nominations will then be taken forward to a vote Friday evening onwards with the awards being made 1200 Sunday.

Happy nominating.

Pascal

Back to top Go down

Nominations- English Community Award Empty Re: Nominations- English Community Award

Post by Wingnut Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Tough call this season , as ever scouting tools are paramount so Gaz and grim have to be up there.

for being online allot and offering his astute financial knowledge to every manager new and old i am going to nominate Quin , he is often hard to fathom And pedantic but i imagine he has helped out allot of managers finances with his forward thinking and its a building block for every club so for that his name is in the hat.

Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Nominations- English Community Award Empty Re: Nominations- English Community Award

Post by Pascal Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:41 pm

I'll nominate Gazla for his scouting and tracking work for the U20s.

Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:14 pm

There's a lot of people on here I think help keep the game fun, that engage in the banter, and give a decent amount of time in the background to make other people's experience of the game a superior one.

The work of Gazla and Grim I know is greatly valued, Raggs looks after this site with help from a top team of admins, and Pasc I think has been excellent as journo (if we're not to vote for him I'd like to acknowledge the work all the same). And then there's NT managers, Wing and Ben, who've given a lot in time spent scouting, selecting and advising on training programmes.

Then there's the managers one engages in banter with all the time, some mentioned above, and others such as Beard, Quick, Courage, Tedage (also official supplier of fragrances to BR England), Wilz, Widg...I'm going to stop here else I'll just carry on naming all the users of the site - but it is the whole that makes it.

I'm also going to stop there as I can move onto another subject, one of my favourites, me. It's with no great surprise I note I'm already nominated, and whilst my thanks go to Wing it's frankly deserved. As this is a community award to be won I'll further sell myself by noting for any who don't know that I took a poor Div 4 team into Div 3 this season, and I was also the manager who brought the Community Belt down into Div 4, and away for a short time from the top teams.

It's actually based on those last points that I'll make my nomination, as I couldn't have won the belt, or more importantly promotion without the very kind help of Skand. That's very much a call based on the help Skand afforded my club, and he did this with the inherent limitations of being a Kiwi - a Jafa even - and he did so I know at cost to his own club.

(I vote for Skand)

added that last to save Pasc reading a dull essay when collating votes.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:34 pm

If this was the Oscars, they would have started playing music at "The work of Gazla and Grim ...."
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:37 pm

and faded out the mic Very Happy

Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by ben_fluleck Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:09 am

Gazla and grim

ben_fluleck

Back to top Go down

Post by Tedage Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Where is the 'people we have lost this year' section?

I miss spot.

Tedage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down