Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XV of the finest overseas players to feature in the English league

4 posters

Go down

XV of the finest overseas players to feature in the English league Empty XV of the finest overseas players to feature in the English league

Post by quind Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:14 am

New pub debate, for a pub debate I hope to actually have later. Who are the finest players, non English for simplicity, to have played in the English leagues. Anyone who has played for England, such as Mike Catt, will be counted as English and is not eligible for inclusion.

So do you want to advocate Craig Dowd or Garry Pagel, Keith Wood or Treveor Leota? And many more besides

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

XV of the finest overseas players to feature in the English league Empty Re: XV of the finest overseas players to feature in the English league

Post by quind Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am

Garry Pagel
Trevor Leota
Carlos Nieto
Ian Jones
Marco Bortolami
Pat Lam
Serge Betsen
Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe
Rob Howley
Nick Evans
Lote Tuqiri
Luke McAlister
Allan Bateman
Va'aiga Tuigamala
Bruce Reihana

Those who nearly made the list:
Craig Dowd
Freddie Medez
Tongahuia
Sebastien Chabal
Matt Burke
Dan Lyle
David Wilson
Keith Wood
Raphael Ibanez
Brendan Venter

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

XV of the finest overseas players to feature in the English league Empty Re: XV of the finest overseas players to feature in the English league

Post by jwj201 Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:38 pm

bateman Smile

jwj201

Back to top Go down

Post by Skandalous Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:46 am

Wheres Stephen Donald??? Razz

Skandalous

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:47 am

I spent more than half an hour racking my brains for a list of possible players. I can honestly say never mind not making the shortlist his name didn't occur to me once.

Jon Preston would have a better chance.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:05 am

borris johnson (yes, the mayor of london) would be better.
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum