Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a convict colony

+3
Meeeeeeeat_
Basil
quind
7 posters

Go down

You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a convict colony Empty You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a convict colony

Post by quind Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:38 am

Team to play the crims is:

Marler
Youngs
Cole
Palmer
Parling
Johnson
Robshaw
Fat waste of time and space (and food)
Care
Flood
Sharples
Barritt
Tuilagi
Ashton
Goode

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a convict colony Empty Re: You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a convict colony

Post by quind Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:41 am

Oz team is

Robinson
Polota Nau
Alexander
Timani
Sharpe
Dennis
Hooper
Palu
Phipps
Beale
Cummins
Tapuai
AAC
Ionae
Barnes

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a convict colony Empty Re: You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a convict colony

Post by Basil Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Swing low. sweet chariot, coming forth to send the crims home

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 pm

is this the same crims lineup that got hammered by france? because there problem was a lack of attacking flair, and quite a tall front row that our boys should do very well against!
and i'm guessing you dont like waldrom? i dont feel as strongly as you but i would prefer morgan
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Well it wasn't awful, but against that a lot of the problems were repeated in this game and we added issues in the scrum into the bargain.

Still getting the balance wrong at the breakdown, still have centres that can't pass, and the plan of Goode being up in the line vanished - and really if we're only going to run that play against the likes of Fiji it's no plan whatsoever.

And whilst yes I don't like him as a player I did think Waldrom should get another chance after last week, not sure I'd say the same now. But I'll watch the game again, and this time without beers, and perhaps I'll be a little happier.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:52 pm

why give a 30 yr old kiwi a second chance? really dont see what the future plan is playing Waldron
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by Skandalous Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:48 am

Bahahahahahahahahahaha Razz

Skandalous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:29 am

Waldrom did ok I reckon, I still don't think it's worth keeping him in for the 6N, but whilst he's here for the AIs, feck it.

We had periods of play where we were really attacking, going for it, making ground etc etc with a sense of crossing the line sooner or later. And then it would just crumble apart.

Launchbury needs to start and should stay in the EPS. I want to see what impact he can bring at the start of a game. His hands are nice, he's not afraid to get involved, he's playing really well in my eyes. Mako looked pretty nice too, I don't know if nice enough to permanently push Marler aside at the moment, but coming close to it.

Don't know much about Burns, but Flood looked very limited in that game, in my eyes he tried hard, but just didn't have enough in him to make much of it really work, I think we need to give someone else a shot, and NZ might be a good game for that, a game we're expecting to lose anyway, what harm can he do Very Happy.

I know Cares poorly placed box kick eventually led to the try, but a few missed tackles etc also helped that along the way. He also had a few very nicely placed kicks. Overall, I much preferred Care to Youngs, the delivery from the ruck seemed to go much smoother and faster. Youngs doesn't so much take a step, than he picks up the ball, stands, looks, then sets himself up to pass, and makes the pass, and it adds a significant delay.

Manu needs to learn to pass, he's still selfishly keeping the ball. Yes he can get 2/3 players to tackle him, but if it just goes to a ruck, then we've lost any advantage we may have had.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:07 am

Raggs wrote:Waldrom did ok I reckon, I still don't think it's worth keeping him in for the 6N, but whilst he's here for the AIs, feck it.

He didn't fall off any tackles, but he's not nasty at the tackle, and his breakdown work is poor (a problem known at his club and they're working on helping him improve) and whilst he made some metres yesterday he possibly made more running sideways. I'm not going to argue that Morgan is a better tackler of breakdown operator, as he's not awfully good at those things either, but I am inclined to think he'll run straighter and harder than Waldrom and he's got much better handling skills.

Raggs wrote:Manu needs to learn to pass, he's still selfishly keeping the ball. Yes he can get 2/3 players to tackle him, but if it just goes to a ruck, then we've lost any advantage we may have had.

Depends, we get to pick where he enters the line and hence who is in the ruck. And whilst attack nearly always sends 2-3 into a ruck defence often only sends 1. So if ALL he can do is equate the numbers at the breakdown and we get to pick where that breakdown is, AND he's going forwards into said breakdowns then we should be able to use him very well indeed. Though yes he'll be much better when his passing game develops, and in fairness to him he's already much better at an offloading game than he was on debut.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:11 am

Raggs wrote:Manu needs to learn to pass, he's still selfishly keeping the ball. Yes he can get 2/3 players to tackle him, but if it just goes to a ruck, then we've lost any advantage we may have had.

agreed. if you watched the argies 1st try against wales. i think it was set up by lobbe's offload in the tackle. if manu sucked in some defenders and stood up in the tackle, which we all know he can, then offloaded to ashton or a flier like wade, it'd create much more
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by GDBFC99 Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Good game England. (lol)
GDBFC99
GDBFC99

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Billy V for England

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Could do, I wouldn't object if they did make that call. I would be inclined to think Morgan the next taxi of the rank however.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum