Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby Championship - Team of the tournament

3 posters

Go down

Rugby Championship - Team of the tournament Empty Rugby Championship - Team of the tournament

Post by quind Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 am

Not a bad RC we've just had. Certainly interesting to see Argentina in there, and for the most part they competed well, but perhaps NZ a little too dominant to make it overly interesting, SA took quite a few games to start playing, and Australia have crumbled as the injuries just kept mounting - though worth noting for all their crumbling Australia finish the RC ranked 2nd in the world.

When picking a team of the tournament I'd intend if to be based on people who actually played well in the tournament, rather than who you think bigger picture is the better player. Also I'd intend for people to be picked from the roles they played, and so as a for instance you couldn't pick both Jane and Habana as your wings as they both played right wing during the RC.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship - Team of the tournament Empty Re: Rugby Championship - Team of the tournament

Post by quind Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:59 am

Roncero
Strauss
Franks
Etzebeth
Sharpe
Messam
McCaw
Lobbe
Smith
Carter
Ioane
SBW
Smith
Habana
Dagg

Very hard to leave out Woodcock, Albacete, Read and Jane. Fantastic in the RC, just other people played rather well too.

SBW and Smith get in more for top tier performances in one or two games rather than consistency across the RC, though for SBW he was only available at the start.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship - Team of the tournament Empty Re: Rugby Championship - Team of the tournament

Post by Courage1989 Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:32 am

Roncero
Strauss
Franks
Albacete
Whitelock
Lobbe
McCaw
Read
Smith
Carter
Savea
Nonu
Smith
Habana
Amorosino

Couldn't really argue with the side you've picked. No Nonu or Read was a crime though Wink.

Courage1989

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:44 am

SBW played well at the start, Nonu had a slow introduction but was playing well again by the end. Read was harder to leave out, but when it came to not including Lobbe I just found that harder still. I see you've moved Lobbe across one role, but I was picking players from where they'd played and didn't give myself that option.

I did think about Whitelock, but Sharpe impressed me, in a team that just got worse and worse he kept his head and kept playing well.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubbs Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Roncero
Strauss
Franks
Albacete
Sharpe
Messam
McCaw
Lobbe
Smith
Carter
Habanna
SBW
Frans Steyn
Camacho
Dagg.

Honourable mention to Juan Martin Hernandez for the Fly half position and Genia at Scrum half

Tubbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down