Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

junior squad

3 posters

Go down

junior squad Empty junior squad

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:46 am

i have a couple questions.
1st is that when i promoted a prop and scouted his replacement, got given what i think is a center (will find out on sunday) is it random what position you scout then?
and 2nd is there any easy way to determine who is best being where on the youth team if you don't have a manager?
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

junior squad Empty Re: junior squad

Post by The Zec Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:53 pm

What information are you using for this? Height/weight isn't enough to tell you unless you hit an extreme. Also, scouting works in groups (this has been confirmed by staff) Front row, 2nd row, backrow, halfbacks, centres, back 3s

IIRC the ratio is 5, 3, 4, 3, 3, 4 all the time. Hope this helps
The Zec
The Zec

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:57 pm

1 - The player you scout is deemed by the game to be a replacement within the same position. However the game gives a much wider range in terms of both height and weight than many managers would actually consider reasonable. So for example I promoted a 205cm 118kg player and got a 194cm at 107kg in return.

It's possible the 1st was a tall back row, or the 2nd a short lock.

2. Try playing them in different roles. They should get higher reporter ratings for where their skills are most suited. So players with more pace/agility will do better on the wing than say at blindside flanker.

Last edited by quindecagon on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:06 pm

ahh cheers mates. just the info i needed
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:26 pm

another question. i've been a bit foolish and played every junior game LTNT not consdering energy, now they'll all weary, tired and exasperated. I have won every game by large margins but i'm worried about playing the price. i'm playing all the subs for the first game and have scouted another player so someone else can get a rest. but you can only have a max 22 player squad so if a youth player gets injured what happens? and any advice for sustainability would be helpful
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:09 pm

There's not much prize money for winning the YA league, so don't worry too much about that.

I'd say you're doing the smart thing in playing TNT as your players will promote from the YA with more experience. Perhaps have them play the odd targeted game on normal to help restore some energy if you need/want to, but in the main I'd stick with TNT.

If you have YA training facilities and coach you could also check you're training stamina. Higher stamina will aid energy recovery between games.

And yes the YA squad also remains a 22 man squad, it's one in one out. As it's only 22 players there are no ongoing injuries in the YA, so anyone subbed off for injury will always be fit in time for the following game.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:46 pm

oh ok thanks for that. so really its best to just pick my best team and play them on TNT and just leave them. i didn't know there were no ongoing injuries and yeah i'm training seniors and youths in stamina as i think its the single most important skill
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum