Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polish Journalist

Go down

Polish Journalist Empty Polish Journalist

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:38 pm

I posted this in the Polish CLubroom, but i hope nobody minds if i post it here as well;

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.clubrooms.php#conversation=39165&z=4612

With the elections coming up, I thought i'd talk a bit about the Journalist Role.

Having spoken with our current head Journo - amz - he is unsure at the moment if he will be coming back for a second term. It is part of my long term plan to hopefully take over the journalist role but i will not be running this year for 2 main reasons. Firstly, my workload with the U20s is heavy enough. Secondly, i believe that the Journalist should be - as far as possible - neutral and free to criticise the national squads and managers when necessary. With that in mind, it is not prudent for one man to share those 2 roles.

Should amz not return, here are some thoughts on what i see as the ideal candidate.

Although it would be highly preferable for the Journalist to be someone from the Polish BR community, it is much more important at this current time that the journalist be someone who has previous experience of BR journalism, either as a head or assistant. With the highly publicised events of the last week or so, I think it is more important than ever that we have an experienced person on board. The current National problem is the fault not just of the former Polish Manager but of the whole Polish community, myself included.
We need to create a greater sense of community here in BR Poland. For me, the journalist is the central figure in this.This person needs to be hard working - i would hope for numerous articles each week from him and his team - and willing to tutor a successor from Poland, ideally to take over in season 16. I am willing to provide any assistance in terms of translation and ideas and maybe the occasional article.

it is probably one of the busiest roles one can apply for and sometimes thankless, i know. Nevertheless, it can also be hugely rewarding. Whoever gets the job gets to document an exciting period in one of BRs newest (and most contraversial) countires, a country which is going to achieve great things. You could be that person. Come, join me! and we can rule BR like father and son (or, more accurately, a slightly overweight 26 year old and.. well, whoever you are).

We need a dedicated, hard working journalist, ideally with some experience (or at least knowledge of what is needed to carry out the role succesfully). Please, help us.

Back to top Go down