Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland Vs England

+8
eadie
agrimsley
The Zec
Wingnut
gazla
Skandalous
Raggs
quind
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ireland Vs England Empty Ireland Vs England

Post by quind Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:39 am

Any changes people want to see? Also pending news on whether all players (Morgan and Tuilagi in particular) are available?

Can't see Ireland not putting numbers into the breakdown a la Scotland. Be good to see where that leaves us as regards getting quick ball, we had lots of opportunities for England to do well against Scotland on such basis.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Ireland Vs England Empty Re: Ireland Vs England

Post by Raggs Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:05 am

Judging by how hot and cold the Irish were running, makes me think if we can just keep up the same tempo with been showing in the past 2 games now, we'll win this. It won't be an easy game, and it will be far from a whitewash, but I think we'll be able to stop them from making too many inroads, and once the tide turns to our favour, we'll punish them, be it from the boot or the tryline.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skandalous Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:45 am

I will have to tip Ireland but thats only cos I put a biy of money on them before it started, liked the fact they were home to France and England!!

Skandalous

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:25 am

Just keeping the same tempo is the tricky part if they put more men into the breakdown. That said Scotland had fanned out into the line leaving Twelvetrees little option but to run, if a side puts more men into the breakdown he'd have more options for his wider passing game (and indeed kicking game).

My concern will be if our centres are Barritt and Tuilagi, and Ireland flood the breakdown. That leaves us hoping Tuilagi performs magic off slow ball. That'll be back to prosaic England, and for all we made mistakes against Scotland we made them trying to be positive, which pleased me greatly

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by gazla Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Burt has to give the 36 and Manu centre partnership a go, not only would it be better for Manu but having a threat like Manu rather than Barritt outside may leave more holes for 36.
Don't dislike Barritt and his games (until Sat) have been solid, just think that 36 & Manu may be the missing centre partnership we have wanted for the last few years in term of penetration.
But then again what does a former second row know about the being a fancy boy?? Smile
gazla
gazla

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:54 pm

second rows know allot about being fancy mate almost as much as props know Wink
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zec Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Would like to see 36 and Manu. Shame about Burns though, Burns-36 could cause a lot of damage I reckon.

As for Ireland, and for that matter Wales too - if either of those teams actually manages to put together 80 minutes of rugby in the same game they could cause some serious headaches...
The Zec
The Zec

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:27 pm

Squad update - Botha, Burns, Dickson, Foden, Fraser, Joseph & Kvesic are the seven players released, Morgan will remain with squad for treatment to his ankle

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by agrimsley Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:02 pm

So is Burns fit now? If so, I find it strange that they are keeping Flood in ahead of him. Oh well. Also wish we could see Johnny May come in at 11 but I guess he is still early in his injury come back.

agrimsley

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Burns will likely miss the whole 6N, though it's possible he'll sneak back in by the end. Very disappointing.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zec Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Seems to be the verdict - I'm gonna be properly pissed off if this nerfs his england career.
The Zec
The Zec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:04 pm

I'd replace me with anyone and Tuilagi for Barrit

Back to top Go down

Post by eadie Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Don't rate Barritt at all, so lets get Tuilagi back in if fully fit. 36 is for me not ready (if he ever will be), he did surprise me against Scotland but Ireland is a different kettle of fish. I wasn't bothered with him leaving Tigers, very frustrating player to watch.

I fancy Ireland to win this, as well as England played against Scotland and the All Blacks previously, home advantage will be key if Ireland rack up a few early points.

eadie

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:26 am

So Eadie - who would your centre partnership be then - given you want to drop both the starting centres from last week

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Basil wrote:So Eadie - who would your centre partnership be then - given you want to drop both the starting centres from last week

I thought the same thing. Perhaps Manu and Manu?
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:23 am

Team announced

Marler
Youngs
Cole
Launchbury
Parling
Haskell
Robshaw
Wood
Youngs
Farrell
Brown
Twelvetrees
Barritt
Ashton
Goode

Hartley
Vunipola
Wilson
Lawes
Waldrom
Care
Flood
Tuilagi

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:49 am

Waldrom

WHY?????????????????????????????????

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:57 pm

3 flankers starting, and they don't think Vunipola is ready, and certainly not coming back from injury. Still, I share in large part your reaction.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Ireland XV

Healy
Best
Ross
McCarthy
Ryan
O'Mahony
O'Brien
Heaslip (captain)
Murray
Sexon
Zebo
D'Arcy
O'Driscoll
Gilroy
Kearney

Cronin, Kilcoyne, Fitzpatrick, O'Callaghan, Henry, Reddan, O'Gara, Earls.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanand Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm

im a bit more optimistic of our chances looking at the teams, hopefully it be an open and not a slugfeast that im sure itll be.

seanand

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:04 am

Didn't see the U20, so my thanks to whoever decided not to show the match in the UK as it's being reported as a shocker.

England lost after having possibly found the new Callum Clark;

http://balls.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/moriarthyred.gif

Like father like son

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanand Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:30 am

quind wrote:Didn't see the U20, so my thanks to whoever decided not to show the match in the UK as it's being reported as a shocker.

England lost after having possibly found the new Callum Clark;

http://balls.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/moriarthyred.gif

Like father like son
i wasnt told about that jesus thats worse than what clark did at this level tho hes a bit to go before he reachs the "potential" clark has done.
we only one by a try in the end and if that was before half time it really takes a big gloss off the result. first 15 mins was the only thing i saw that was all england

seanand

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:38 am

Worse than Clarke at U20, that was idiotic. Clarke at seniors took it to a level I've not even heard of before.

Seeing as I can't work out what Moriarty could reasonably even be trying to do I can't see him getting away with a 4 week ban. I'm thinking 6-9

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:04 pm

The fact that he stuck one arm between his legs makes it so obviously intentional that it can't be worth arguing. That was revenge for something.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Definately was a slug fest - but I enjoyed the game never the less

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content