Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

+48
BeefDave
jamesbass
harrytc
wonderfulworld
highlandbill
seanand
chewdra
Ultimatem
quind
GDBFC99
Mega man al
Jonny2Hats
Moz
cheeseman
ahearnepaul
Jonny
agrimsley
BrockVH
Pantherus
Ifeicus
Jumpinbeans
Mr Kearns
wilf3uk
1Guvnor
beardface
Bronson
Blandy
wexford1979
Widget
jimjam_w
Sadiq
savageYfronts
jeolmaga
TinHead
triggerappy
SammyPye
Maf
Wingnut
chewy
Samba
Wilz
Putner
ngater
Reece3d
quick
Harmsy
The Zec
Raggs
52 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Welcome! Introduce yourself here! - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Post by wilf3uk Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:55 pm

We've gotta get there first. Beat Spain on friday and we'll promote, lose and we're stuffed.

CSRs are pretty similar, we have energy adv, they have home adv. Should be a good game.

Gonna be gutting if we are stuck in EU.2 next season as we have a few more players to come into the squad, including a monster at lock. Will be normal/wnwim every game Embarassed
wilf3uk
wilf3uk

Back to top Go down

Welcome! Introduce yourself here! - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Post by Wingnut Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:56 pm

ah yes it would be a shame to get stuck there but it could be benefitial for nobody in the top league to learn how to beat you going into the world cup.

saying that the lack of top class opposition will be mroe detrimental to your preperation i would think
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Kearns Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Hey Guys,
I'm in my 3rd season in V171 and should be finishing top, although this happened in the last season and I forgot to take my team off "play with next week in mind" and lost the final - won't be doing that again!
Tend to run my team on a shoestring buying mediocre players so any advise on coaching aspect (e.g. how many people should I individually train at a time) would be received with open arms!
Mr Kearns
Mr Kearns

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Congrats on the determination and sticking with it. Make sure you get on the chatbox and ask questions, it's where we do most our talking.

I'd recommend training 3-5 players hard, the best youngesters you have. Then buy in 25k minimum players, preferably 30k+ to survive div 4.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wilf3uk Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:01 pm

wing wrote:ah yes it would be a shame to get stuck there but it could be benefitial for nobody in the top league to learn how to beat you going into the world cup.

saying that the lack of top class opposition will be mroe detrimental to your preperation i would think

Promotion is in the bag, just got to beat Romanias' 17 year olds in the qualifier.

Looked at the teams today and theres only 1 team who we have to play our 1st XV against (no points for guessing who). All the other teams are going to learn is the embarrasing feeling of losing to our 2nd string pig

Should be a comfortable season for the both of us.

Am not a fan of the new changes, but it comes at a good time for us. Plenty of chances to beat the Irish
wilf3uk
wilf3uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:14 pm

ok so you are going first team, second team interesting.
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi guys , I'm Ron , this is the first attempt on an online Rugby game.

My rugby background is sketchy , I'm actually a RL fan hailing from Warrington , I played RU at school for a couple of years in Widnes but didn't make the grade.

I've been playing an online soccer game called Xpert Eleven for about 3 years ,I have a decent ranking but it's getting a bit same old for me now.
Objective 1 is to try to survive in Div 5 as I hear it's a long way back from further down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:12 pm

I played xpert eleven a few years ago with a bunch of friends.

Objective 1 is right, next season is slow improvement, trying to build a squad that will keep in div 4. Ask questions, join in, go onto the chat, everyones friendly, and will be happy to check out your squad and offer advice. My main tip would be don't spend any money without asking someone about it Very Happy.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Raggs wrote: My main tip would be don't spend any money without asking someone about it Very Happy.
Well I've already blown a few bob !

I've hired a few coaches :Coach;Youth Coach;Defense Trainer;Kicking Trainer;Youth Scout;Fitness Trainer;
Youth Manager + level 1 facilities foir First team & Youths.

I've also ordered 100 extra member seats for 50k which is the biggest expenditure. I figure that I had 500 members for 500 seats and then 11 new ones turned up . I thought they would be hackedoff if they didn't have seats !

I've put a couple of small bids in for hooker types as that's a weakness , I'm looking at 18-20k CSR with 10 handling which I think is probably OK at this level ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Worst error there is the seats. Don't touch your stadium again for a while, stadium is one of the most important things to get right Very Happy. Once we see what the damage is (shouldn't be too bad), we can work from there. Every stadium construction has a base cost of 25k, so only make big changes, and make them right, definitely don't touch it again for a while Smile.

I'd say don't bother with the Youth Manager, he probably has a contract now, so wait until that is over, then he moves to effectively a rolling contract, when you can fire him.

18-20k is a good aim, but they need to be quite young 25 years max, preferably no older than 20 (if not 18 Very Happy). Young players gain training faster, so an 18-20k 17/18 year old, will see you through for most his career probably. Older the player, higher the csr needs to be.

If you're on the chatbox you can always ask for recommendations from the folks there.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jumpinbeans Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:24 am

Hi i'm Andrew

This is my second season of BR. I should be being promoted this season due to having a number of 1 click players in my league. Squad is progressing nicely with the avg age of the squad hovering around 20.

I've only been buying players 19 and younger since I started with the intention of keeping them for ages. Next season I'll be focussing on boosting the training and also should be getting my scouted youth players coming through.

I work in IT for a US bank in London - but being originally from SA you'll find me supporting them in the rugby Smile (i've been living in the uk for 17yrs).

Nice to meet you all,

Andrew

Jumpinbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:39 pm

I'm Neon SPaceman, or Spacey for short. I've been playing BR since the very start, getting to Div III in England before heading to Poland, although i'm still on good terms with england and english BR. i love you guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:10 pm

You need to pick a colour. Green for Foreign Type. Yellow for Overseas Pirate, or you can join brown Dave with brown, under Money Grabbing, Fame seeking, Traitors.

Very Happy
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Not really a traitor, given me being Polish Razz quite like the idea of being a pirate. Avast!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Make sure you sign into the chatbox.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ifeicus Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:47 am

Hello I am Ifeicus, Started at the very end of season 7 and have just won Division 4 for the first time, with one of the lowest rankings (62 out of 64).

Do not currently have a lot of free time to spend on the forums and other Blackout activities but have made some progress by starting a training program for the England Under 20s at the begging of the season and having signed up to the forum at last.
Ifeicus
Ifeicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:23 pm

HI All im buuurns
Aka Dave

just done my 1st season and been promoted slowly getting along

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Good job, make sure you get onto the Chatbox Very Happy, it's where most the action happens Very Happy. And take a read through the help articles, some useful stuff there.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:44 pm

Hey guys - figured I'd check the place out when I heard there was free entry Smile
Pantherus
Pantherus

Back to top Go down

Post by BrockVH Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:54 pm

You must be new to the game, I'm sure there's a noobs guide in the clubrooms somewhere for you Wink

BrockVH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi im Giongiorris from Chile. Just promoted to Div II in my second season and i wanted to join a larger and more active community to learn from experienced players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:36 pm

hello mate Im wing i am like the yoda of br england Wink

nah only joking im more like the obi wan mate zec is more like yoda

Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:12 pm

OOOOAAAAAWWWRRRRRGHHGGHGHHHH!!!

*My best Chewie impression, I'm hairy enough*
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zec Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:46 am

Hey Giongiorris, glad you chose us! Stick around, read through the help threads and ask questions in the chatbox, it tends to get pretty busy, especially at match times and on tuesdays after training. Looking forward to hearing from you. As for the star-wars references, Obi Wing Kenobi sounds about right Wink
The Zec
The Zec

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:37 pm

indeed it does mate
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum