Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have I over stretched myself

4 posters

Go down

Have I over stretched myself Empty Have I over stretched myself

Post by xraysteve Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:43 pm

quick question.

I think I may have over stretched myself financially.

I have just upgraded my training facility and my weekly balance sheet is coming out t -60,000 on an away week and about +20,000 on a home week and I am currently only just in positive numbers in my balance. This is more due to upgrading coaches and facilities and I picked up a few players and so the salary bill is higher too.

Can/do I sell the higher level, invest some more in stadium expansion and then try again or keep going and rely on the fact that I should finish 6th in the division and be close enough to expand the stadium after that or sell a couple of bigger ticket players, save their salaries as well, expand the stadium after that or is it all much of a muchness and I put it down to experience?

Thanks for any thoughts

Steve

xraysteve

Back to top Go down

Have I over stretched myself Empty Re: Have I over stretched myself

Post by ianholdroyd18 Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:59 pm

try and get within -20k on a away week so by next season youll get it on 0 by next season at the moment youll be going bankrupt and you dont even get that much 4 6th try and sell training facilities as theyre the worst financially

ianholdroyd18

Back to top Go down

Post by xraysteve Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:01 pm

I was thinking that might be the way forward.
There is 20,000 a week extra for the extra level.

If I sell level four does it automatically go down to 3 or do I start again?

xraysteve

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:48 pm

Fire 2 players before wages are paid on Tuesday. If a player gets injured in a league game promote some cheap rubbish from the YA after wages are paid the Tuesday after the game, and then fire again after a league match and before wages are paid.

How many coaches/trainers do you have, what facilities, and what levels at both senior and YA?

It's possible you will need to bin something and start again, not sure what the best thing to bin might possibly be.

If you sell a training facility it drops one level, so if you sell a lvl 3 it drops (or degrades as the game terms it) to a lvl 2

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by xraysteve Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:56 pm

I have level 4 facilities and so I think the plan is that I will sell the tarining, I will get some money back and invest that in increasing the stadium. I have been getting 100% every week and looking at the threads about stadium size, I am much too small in terms of stadium size.

This should build up the money again and then I will try again next season once the income stream has improved.

I have a couple of level 4 coaches who will not be as effective but I think it is less costly to keep them on at a lower level for a few months than sack them (can't yet anyway) re advertise for level 3 and then have to re hire in the future.

Thanks for the help

XS

xraysteve

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm

I found I needed an 8,000 seater stadium (no standing) to be comfortable (break even ish) with lvl 4 senior training, and a lvl 2 YA.

Dropping the facilities might be the easiest/best bet. I once had to bin my YA manager as I'd bought in too much too quickly. And yes signing better players can hit you in the wallet far more than you'd think.

One piece of caution regarding the $20k minor sponsor increase. If training has gone well that could well see your players' salaries rise as a whole by around $20k per week too (a bit less, or even a bit more). So don't bank on having all that extra cash per week

If it were me rather than binning the facilities i'd think very seriously about selling off higher earners aged 23 or over, and replacing with rubbish from the YA. Thus using transfer fees and reduced wage costs. if you're going to finish 6th that should still leave you able to beat whoever you got in a qualifier unless you were massively unlucky. And you wouldn't have to pay to build them back.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:12 pm

If that's still not enough you could still avert bankruptcy by degrading the training facilities. But I think the players would be easier to replace.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xraysteve Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm

most of my better players are young. I only have one high earner who is older as I have been picking up older players.

You don't get money back for reducing stadium sections do you?

I think the training facilities will go. I know I wil lose money on what I spent but I have more chance of restructuring properly and being able to afford it properly next time.

Thanks again

XS

xraysteve

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:06 pm

no, you don't get money back for reducing stadium size, actually that costs extra.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xraysteve Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:30 pm

won't do that then!!!

Thanks for your help, hopefully will be able to keep it together and have a little money in the bank by the end of the season.

XS

xraysteve

Back to top Go down

Post by seanand Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:12 am

id leave the training facilities if i were you i the long run it will cost you more to get back up to where you are now, all you need really is 18 players the rest low salary guys 1st choice team a front row sub and lock/br sub and backline cover.

im curenttly losing 100k on away and home games make me 210k its tight but manageable

seanand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum