Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GM in charge of the Offsite

+3
Basil
quind
Raggs
7 posters

Go down

Should Raggs remain in control of the offsite now he is a GM

GM in charge of the Offsite I_vote_rcap73%GM in charge of the Offsite I_vote_rcap 73% 
[ 19 ]
GM in charge of the Offsite I_vote_rcap0%GM in charge of the Offsite I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
GM in charge of the Offsite I_vote_rcap27%GM in charge of the Offsite I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 26

GM in charge of the Offsite Empty GM in charge of the Offsite

Post by Raggs Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Hey guys,

I did a starting survey amongst a few folks, and it wasn't all positive responses, so I'll open it to the floor. This is open to all members of this forum, English and foreigners (and dirty traitors Wink ).

I've recently become a GM, and it has been mentioned that there may be a conflict of interests what with me running the offsite too, which is fair enough.

I've though about it too, and at the moment I don't see an issue. I see the offsite as something separate, where conflicting views can be aired. We've managed to stay clear of much abuse and harassment here, and when it did occur, the person seen as the instigator was banned from the chatroom. In the past, admissions to multi-ing were reported anyway, and always made clear by multiple members that we frown upon it, and are happy to report it, and even in more hidden parts of these forums such things are made clear when occasionally asked.

I don't intend to deliberately change my behaviour on these forums as a result of being a GM, except perhaps moan less about how long reports are taking, but then I hope to do most of them myself Very Happy. One issue could obviously be if one of you does end up in a report for whatever reason, in these cases I will try and avoid the report if possible, as I wouldn't want to be seen as biased either way. When I say one of you, I mean those of you I interact with on a regular basis (chatbox). Please note however, this doesn't mean that if I find good evidence of cheating that I won't report it, either taking the case directly myself or passing it onto another GM, but except for me to be able to handle this myself now, it's still no different to what I'd have done before.

So, please vote appropriately, and post any thoughts Smile. BTW, the polls are anonymous I believe, even from me, so if you don't want to comment for fear of my almighty wrath, that's fine, but I'd hope that none of you feel that uncomfortable.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

GM in charge of the Offsite Empty Re: GM in charge of the Offsite

Post by Raggs Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:41 pm

On testing with my vote (which I shall cancel), I cannot see the names of voters, so it is anonymous.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:58 pm

50/50 so far. And I voted yes to bring it in as such.

Whilst I'm happy for you to carry on in the role it wouldn't bother if you wanted to do less and pass the offsite role to someone else. My only point of concern is that I have the same lack of responsibility I currently do.

A somewhat selfish opinion from me, no surprise there. But I'm grateful if others want to put in the effort to help, even if I don't myself.

Anyone care to share what problems they might see arising should Raggs undertake both roles.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 pm

I see no difference between you running this site and just being a normal member of the offsite.

As quind says though - if you want to do less here then that is a different kettle of fish but that is your decision and not ours.

One caveat - I think we need to have some freedom here without fear that is going to affect our enjoyment of the actual game. So what is said here should remain here. Obviously admissions of cheating should still be reported on the main site as we do not want to tolerate that - however, that is more continuing what you did before as opposed to changing your stance

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:17 pm

no issues for me aslong as we can continue to act like uncivilised rabble on here on the odd occassion and have no hangover effect on our BR careers Smile
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:33 pm

I want to keep being able to act like an uncivilised rabble too (all by myself!), no worries about that changing. As I said, we've never had a serious issue with name calling etc, and even if there was, I see no reason why it should spill over to BR for real.

Moan about GMs, powerhungry invidiuals, traitors, Jeremy, the ME, RNG, and the Irish as much as you ever did Very Happy.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Can I talk about turtles?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:25 pm

aye raggs you know the score , and you can talk about michelangelo or any other exceptionally talented turtle of your choice greg Wink
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quick Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:29 pm

As I said I before I can see the possible conflict of interest.
However I don't particularly care if you do remain or don't. I don't see any issues with either.

quick

Back to top Go down

Post by jwj201 Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:17 pm

if keep your objectivity the same as before, i dont see a problem.
the fact you have mentioned it could be because of your own fears that you cannot perform that task in the same way anymore, but i'd give you the benefit of the doubt (i believe that you'd raise the topic purely out of respect for the community anyway). either way i wish you the best of luck with your new responsibilities!

jwj201

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 am

Actually someone else raised it and I thought it to be a potentially valid concern Smile. So I sent a pm to a few of the key players here, and from that decided to open it up to all.

The poll is ongoing, and you can change your votes, so as time goes by, if people decide I've lost my objectivity and this place has changed, then they can change their votes.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:37 pm

I have to agree with Basil in that I don't really see you running the offsite being any more an issue than you being a member of the offsite with your new powers.

I can't remember any issues of note occurring while I have been a member of this offsite or the old one so I am more happy for you to remain in charge.
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down