Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Money - Please Help!

2 posters

Go down

Money - Please Help! Empty Money - Please Help!

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi,
This is now the beginning of my second season of Blackout, and my 3rd week of properly managing my squad. I have been promoted to DIv IV, and I have found that I am loosing 80k a week, and am now over 200k in debt. My squad is now pretty good, but I really need to make money, and fast. I have a squad of 24, most over 30k CSR, but still a few of my original players.
Anything that I can do?

Thanks
cpozniak

Back to top Go down

Money - Please Help! Empty Re: Money - Please Help!

Post by quind Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:10 pm

I know your squad was larger. Is this loss with wages processed on just 24 players, or were there more players on your books at midnight Monday?

What facilities and trainers/coaches do you have? At both YA and seniors level.

Are there any developments pending on your stadium, or is it 5,133 as per last competitive home game?

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:08 pm

The loss with wages began when I brought in $500k worth of players. So then I fired/ sold around 15 players, the difference it has made has been negligible!

Seniors
Stadium is 5150
Coach, Attack, Defence, Fitness and Kicking Trainers all level 1
Advertising for level 2 Attack.
Level 2 Training Facility

Lunch
Level 1 Training Facility
YC, YS, YM all level 1

Thanks
cpozniak

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:12 pm

I'd strongly suggest binning the Youth Academy if struggling for funds. There's no penalty to rehire lvl 1s at a later date, and whilst the YA may be fun it's not of the worth of your seniors.

That still isn't going to reduce costs enough if you're losing $80k a week so you'll need to look at selling some of your better players to trim the seniors wage spend. Some of your players that you've just bought you likely can't sell without incurring a penalty, there's no point to incurring the penalty. As squad size can't fall below 22 you may want to look at feeding some fairly trashy players from your YA into the senior squad, they'll fill minimum places, and do so for a lower wage.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:17 pm

So get rid of the youth academy completely?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:19 pm

I will incur over a 20,000 fine per member of staff...

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:30 pm

ahhh, not good. when does their notice period expire?

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:49 pm

4 weeks, any short term strategies to earn money?

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Cup springs to mind, and you may get lucky.

I've only just clocked how many signings you've made, that's a lot. And as you'll have noticed has something of an impact on costs.

Not sure much does occur to sort your problem in the near term.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Right, thanks, do I get money for wining league games?

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Not as such, just gate receipts from home games (less match costs)

If you're winning it might help boost memeber contentment, and thus increase new member numbers, and hence member fees collected. But that's a slow approach to boosting finances, and not the solution you're seeking for right now

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:50 pm

You should win through to R3 in the cup, that will help.

Also I'd pick one of your original players in your league game this weekend, and if you have not loss of players to a permanent injury fire tham after the match. Taking your squad size down to 23 in the process and further cutting costs

if you then get an injury in the cup or subsequent league match promote any old rubbish from the YA to avoid a $5k replacement player fine for any match that isn't a Thursday friendly.

have you had a message about needing to get your finances under control yet, and if so how much time do you have?

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:18 pm

I have a 50 star player in my YA but he is 16 and his birthday isn't till RD14 unfourtunately! And no, I haven't have a message yet, thankfully, one of my (best) players is 32 and rapidly decreasing, should I sell him whilst I can still make money on him?

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

If you have a decent player to sell, then sell. At 32 he won't raise too much, but it's about getting the wage bill down. If you can survive until 29th December then you look good with 3 home games on the bounce.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Sorry, none of the last sentence made any sense to me!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:15 pm

Looking at your fixture list you have 3 home games in a row later in the season, that will be a boost to your finances at that time. But it's about getting to that point as your opening few games see a fair few being played away from home, so there's only the cup in those weeks (if you can stay in the cup) to offset any losses.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:17 pm

ahhh thanks! So should I sell one of my 32 year old to get a bit of money now... actually probably not, as he's my captain! Just remembered!

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Check you finances, and projected finances a few weeks hence.

If you're able to keep the club solvent without selling him that's fine. But it's not worth losing your club to save a captain.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Thanks for all your help quind Wink the game's interesting Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 pm

cpozniak wrote:the game's interesting Smile

The friendly? Going okay isn't it. I'm getting the sense i still can't rotate as many as I'd like, and that a shortage of experience hurts my team, a lot.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm

yehh, you've pulled it back now!

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjam_w Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Cpozniak - just to check - its important you understand that players with different CSR have different wage levels - so your high CSR guys will be costing, $8K, $10K or even $12K a week....whereas your low CSR players will only cost $4-5K pw.

This is why getting rid of high-wage players is your only real way to save money and balance the books short term.

jimjam_w

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:50 pm

Jim, he has an issue with that in that more than 20 of his players are recent signings so he'd have to pay up the contracts to sell/fire any of them.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:59 pm

Quind's right

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down