Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does the division you're in have any bearing on the quality of players you pull?

3 posters

Go down

Does the division you're in have any bearing on the quality of players you pull? Empty Does the division you're in have any bearing on the quality of players you pull?

Post by mattjair Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:19 pm

Bit of an odd question, so let me try and explain...

I'm Wandsworth Town Tigers in this division (IV.5):
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.league.php#page=standings&id=128270

Last year through some judicious throwing of games against the top teams to keep my best players fit for matches against those more at my level, I was able to survive. Unfortunately this year it looks trickier to do although I will fight for it as I believe it's always better NOT to be relegated, correct?

I have a pretty solid youth academy - level 3 - and the best youth coach I can get, too. I also have a lot of players that have sat there in it for a while who are now 18 and in honesty, on a par with the players I have in my senior squad (the only 19 year old I had I promoted at the start of the season and he has the 5th highest CSR in my squad).

The majority of the starters in my youth XV would probably make my actual XV in some way shape or form - they were all pulled while I was in the division below this and have a minimum of 10 stars - a couple of them 20 but they're still 16 so not really in this equation.

I'm concerned about relegation - to the point that I'm wondering whether there's benefit to promoting as many players as I can while I'm in this division in case it means they come through at a higher level than next year if I've gone down...

Does that make sense? And can anyone help me with some ideas of what to do...Smile

Cheers for any guidance!

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Does the division you're in have any bearing on the quality of players you pull? Empty Re: Does the division you're in have any bearing on the quality of players you pull?

Post by Harmsy Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:48 am

I'm 99% sure that your division/league has no direct affect on your youth pulls.

Also as long as you stay out of the auto-relegation zone I don't think you have to worry about any Div 5 teams beating you in a play-off so you will be fine.
Harmsy
Harmsy

Back to top Go down

Does the division you're in have any bearing on the quality of players you pull? Empty Re: Does the division you're in have any bearing on the quality of players you pull?

Post by mattjair Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Auto relegate is bottom two, right?

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:37 pm

Yes. At least in the absence of a reshuffle to drop bots down, then even a bottom two side can find themselves staying up, but they don't always happen.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by mattjair Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks for the help chaps. Looks like I should leave the youngsters to season for a bit then...Smile

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down