Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S22 Elections for NT Manager and Journo

+4
Basil
Dazza79
Wingnut
quind
8 posters

Go down

S22 Elections for NT Manager and Journo Empty S22 Elections for NT Manager and Journo

Post by quind Fri May 16, 2014 12:42 pm

Coming up soon we've the next round of elections for journo and the NT manager. No idea who might want to run for journo, if anyone, but as regards the NT I'm going to throw some early support behind Wing (being perfidious in nature this may change)

I think it's a fair question as to why one might wish to vote for Wing again when the NT have again avoided winning anything that counts at a WC, I know the team are in with a shout of the Plate but that's not what they went out to win, and it's a fair question to wonder if it isn't time someone else had a run. In truth if we have someone step up with a clear idea on how they'd improve the situation then we might have a real election on our hands here, but I think it likely that Wing will be if not a clear favourite then certainly a strong contender to retain the NT role (though I'd also think terms in charge to come are running out) when really the team lost to what is a strong Scotland team in the last minutes of a very close game, and there has been so much done to put the team in a strong position looking ahead.

The problems England had in the WC are in no small part down to them being young for an NT setup, and lacking in exp. In truth that's down to Wing 'tis true, and also almost anyone will have a better chance in two seasons as the squad will be quite a bit stronger just with the development that's lined up, dire straits it's not. I'm not absolutist that Wing must remain as the NT manager, and there may be an interesting part of the debate to come as to who will bring what assistants (just dear god not me) to help shape tactics. But for now I'm signing up to the Vote Wing campaign, and marching proudly with the placard and a chant of 'two more season, two more seasons'

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

S22 Elections for NT Manager and Journo Empty Re: S22 Elections for NT Manager and Journo

Post by Wingnut Fri May 16, 2014 12:53 pm

im waiting to manufacture some shirts saying " we reached our potential " when the 30 man squad is all gaining csr and averages about 480kcsr + with average experience 9.

i will manufacture these when that happens regardless who is incharge
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

S22 Elections for NT Manager and Journo Empty Re: S22 Elections for NT Manager and Journo

Post by Dazza79 Fri May 16, 2014 2:46 pm

Has it came to that time again?

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat May 17, 2014 7:45 am

There is a certain repetitive quality to the whole thing. England bail out of the WC early doors and then we vote Wing back in 'cause it looks like it'll be better next time around. Mark your calendar for 32 weeks time (just past Christmas) and see if it's deja vu all over again, or not.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sat May 17, 2014 11:47 am

Well 64 week's is a small time frame, if we make atleast semi for the next 160 weeks it will be but a distant memory
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed May 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Thank you Tangy for your erudite post but I have to disagree with you.

Until we see who is going to stand then I think it foolhardy to say that you will vote for Wing.

Whilst I agree with everything else you say about why you will be supporting Wing I will wait before saying who I am going to vote for.

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs1 Thu May 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Tangy does say that he's not absolute in his stance, simply that early doors, and with no one else currently running Wink then wing has his vote Smile.

Raggs1

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu May 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Indeed, I specifically stated I wasn't absolutist and further noted I was perfidious in nature anyway. Such being the case I'll assume everyone was simply agreeing with me, that or I'll be back later to change my mind.

VOTE WING! Unless you'd rather vote for someone else.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tedage Thu May 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Go Wing, go.

Good luck for the elections mate.

Tedage

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Fri May 23, 2014 7:48 pm

Is Wing definitely standing?

If he is he doesn't get my vote - this time on a Friday he should be drunk on the floor

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sat May 24, 2014 6:38 pm

to be fair i was drunk on friday night and thursday and wednesday and working every day this week bar sunday..... and getting hammered tonight
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat May 24, 2014 6:47 pm

You should be banned for that

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sun May 25, 2014 11:21 am

im banned if i do or dont drink
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun May 25, 2014 12:11 pm

them's the rules

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sun May 25, 2014 12:12 pm

thats fine with me Very Happy
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun May 25, 2014 12:17 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if admin might not actually be my missus. There are it seems a set of rules which haven't yet been made clear, at best there's a weird holding statement saying something might be set out at some point in the near future, and failure to hold to those rules could see one land in trouble - this is a pattern of behaviour I recognise.

If this runs true to form I can safely say using facts, logic or reason in anyway will not help in dealing with Admin/Venger

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sun May 25, 2014 12:40 pm

good plan mate
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by mike-wizz Sun May 25, 2014 6:54 pm

It'd be a brave man to think they could do a better job than wing.... imo

mike-wizz

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun May 25, 2014 7:11 pm

let's no discount delusional, nor in fairness perceptive (before people start whining)

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sun May 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Delusional is ok, Nat team clubroom is interesting now, also note we lost on admirable chemistry which is a bit of a Dog of the Female Persuasion but not much
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 Thu May 29, 2014 9:23 am

Are we spreading our managerial net world wide in the hope of catching a big fish or will we be following the rfu's approach and bringing on someone from within the NT's set-up?

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by wexford1979 Thu May 29, 2014 3:58 pm

There certainly are some options for you guys now

wexford1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down