Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scouting for boys

5 posters

Go down

Scouting for boys Empty Scouting for boys

Post by harrytc Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Question - is there any way of slanting the chances of getting a specific sort of physical characteristics in a scouting?

Can I make it more likely to get someone with high weight, or height?

harrytc

Back to top Go down

Scouting for boys Empty Re: Scouting for boys

Post by harrytc Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:29 pm

That sounded a little rude, in retrospect:

I have a question, and I'd be grateful for any assistance - is there any way of slanting the chances of getting a specific sort of physical characteristics in a scouting?

Can I make it more likely to get someone with high weight, or height?

harrytc

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:06 pm

Scout someone with those characteristics already.

The junior squad is made up of people with assigned positions, but they are generated with a range, so just because someone is tall doesn't mean they are a lock, but they are more likely to be.

The best thing you can do is record who you promote for who, and hope you strike upon a trend. Anyone 170cm and 60kg is likely not a lock, nor (if our knowledge is correct) will any of his replacements be.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:38 pm

It's a little easier of you have a fully revealed academy with regard to skills. As you can then consider both size and skill distribution (they later can of course be skewed by training quite markedly) and by that I mean a tall player absent of training with high kicking isn't a lock they're a kicker who happens to be tall, whereas a tall player with skills weighted towards jumping is far more likely a lock. Whenever you replace a player in the YA then whatever the ME thinks their role, prop, wing, halfback you'll get a player of the same role back, so if possible you want to be promoting and thus scouting props and locks it would seem.

It's important to note, and at times really annoying to note, what we might think the starting point in weight or height for a prop or a lock is very different to what the ME 'thinks' - so if you get a 194cm lock, or a 106kg prop it's sadly one of those things.

Just one further point, and you may already have progressed the YA, I'd suggest a YA be run at level 3 training/coaching, progressing asap to level 3, or not run (or at least not run for now). If one has no YA I'd think it quite common for a scout, even a level 1 scout, to be ticking away quietly in the background accumulating stars for the day a YA is run.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by harrytc Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:02 am

Thanks, gentlemen, and sorry not to get back to you both earlier.

I've a lvl3 YA in Div 4 - http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.office.php#page=summary&id=77833 - and I'm scheduling the players I need by the order my oldest are retiring. It'll be a bit of a sharp gear change when I swop from needing a forward to needing a back, but there it is. I'm stacking up 50-ish star recruits, and we'll see how it goes. At the moment, my YA is training STR/TEC/STA/HAN.

I must have got lucky - I just promoted a skinny little back, and got Vinson Jucker: 184cm | 124kg and Collected discipline who'll do for the prop I need in a couple of years.

I'm also aggressively pruning my YA for anyone who isn't well-discplined in the hope that might get me a shred more income from any 0 star players i eventually try and sell. Not that I'm holding much hope out for that - even with a lvl3 trainer, I've not seen a 0 star recruit finishing at 19 worth a bean.

Am I doing anything notably nuts? Any more suggestions? Does it make sense to swop a numptie I'm going to promote into the "prop" slot in my default lineup before scouting for a replacement, if I want a prop, or is scouting solely based on what the ME _thinks_ their role is?

harrytc

Back to top Go down

Post by Flu444 Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:10 am

it can be realy hard to tell what position a player is ment for, generaly the heaveier the player is that you pull the more chance you have for scouting a fatty.

Every player is scouted for a role, so it doesnt matter where you play him his replacement will be for that role as well.

Flu444

Back to top Go down

Post by harrytc Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:22 am

I use Borganiser, and it guesses for me...

I'd imagine it's not 100% accurate to the match engine, mind.

harrytc

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:37 am

Jucker comes from a good family
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:18 pm

If you have a manager I wouldn't prune ill disciplined players just to replace them with 0 star filth. You're not wrong to note 0 stars aren't worth a bean. Far better to retain reveals.

Even if no manager I'd still be inclined to let them age out and have them replaced with free stars (to whatever level of scout used) over time

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by harrytc Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Thanks for that - I'd forgotten about the free stars...

harrytc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down