Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dismayed at difference in League

3 posters

Go down

Dismayed at difference in League Empty Dismayed at difference in League

Post by Barbaric Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:50 am

Just been promoted to div IV and cannot believe the teams I am up against. Looks like it will be straight back down to league V this season. Ok I'm not expecting an easy roll through the Leagues but would have thought I would at least be able to be competitive. To look at a league before you start playing and realize that you have no chance is kind of off putting. I expect that is the reason many people start the game and don't continue. Combine that with the lack of income for lower rating teams then it is definitely off putting. Hopefully the money I made will save me this season as I don't expect to be making much profit at games. In fact I will more likely end up losing money due to buying a couple of players last season so I hope my current finances will keep my head above water. Member contentment is going to go out the window and with the diminishing returns I may not survive.

Feel sorry for my son who is playing in Scottish League he started in div IV and got promoted to div 3 so what chance has he got....lol.
Can't buy players due to salary costs and can't be competitive if you can't buy some players. He was going to upgrade to premium but has now decided against it.

Anyway will see how it goes.

Barbaric

Back to top Go down

Dismayed at difference in League Empty Re: Dismayed at difference in League

Post by Raggs Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:15 am

Promotion will be tough in any country, just look at real life, the promoters are nearly always one of the favourites to be going down the following season.

You have a bot, so that means you just need to get more points than one other side. Find the side you thinks weakest (it may change), target them. Also check to see which managers think you'll be a pushover and send their 2nds, rest at the first half of the season, and get them in the 2nd half for some free points.

If your league is competely out there and out of reach, relax, save some cash, enjoy the members boost, and get involved in playing lots of friendlies.

Often though, a bit of smart play and careful management can make good things happen, and with 1 bot already, there's not an awful chance you may get another, or just slip into the safer 6th place.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:53 pm

Raggs is absolutely spot on there. Pick the weakest teams and LTNT on them; play your youngsters / reserves against the strongest teams and manage your resources.

A few seasons back I got promoted to Div 3 with an average 1XV CSR of 68k; the next lowest team had 105k. No bots.

I made the play-offs. So it can be done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny2Hats Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:25 pm

First of all, Good Luck!

Basically what the wise heads above have said is true. I had the same thing, i bounced straight back down then Up again before holding on. With careful management you can catch teams out by having a fitter squad, the affect energy level has is often under appreciated.

Dont underestimate the benefit of all the IGT as well, choose your trainees and stick with them, play them as often as possible even when their energy is gone to maximise the speed of growth. (except when LTNT a must win game) You will end up with a much stronger squad by the end of the season.

The first target is to take down your nearest rival so you dont auto demote. This game is about the long hall, it takes a fair while to get the hang of, and even longer to put together a team. Stick at it and ask people on here for advice.

Jonny2Hats

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbaric Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks for the Replies Guys.

Barbaric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: