Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youth team IGT

2 posters

Go down

Youth team IGT Empty Youth team IGT

Post by stomalomalus Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:24 am

Basically, I'm mainly wondering how important IGT is for the YA. I was thinking that, for a more rounded player, I should shuffle players around on the pitch, to get different training in each match. Would this be a good idea?

As an example, I scouted a lock a while ago who turned out 198cm/119kg. Not a lock in the seniors, but could be an OK backrow. This season, I was aiming to play him 2 games at lock, 2 at 6, 2 at 7, 2 at 8, 2 at 9, 2 at 11 and the other two probably either at lock or in the backrow.

Also, does anyone know what IGT each position gains?

stomalomalus

Back to top Go down

Youth team IGT Empty Re: Youth team IGT

Post by Wingnut Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:29 am

not the kind of thing i want to try and fathom with a hangover.

it depends on the strength of the opposition they are playing against too mate

so if your opposition is playing an awesome flanker you want to play him opposite them.

this means scouting your opponents finding his best player and lining your kid up against them in every game.

this should provide maximum IGT aswell as keep it varied

Team train attack handlng speed and agility if you want to make forwards rounded since they will generally be scouted with tech and strength being higher than the 4 stats i mentioned

so round them with TT then train primary stats on 2 nets when they turn 17

Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:39 am

hmmm. Yet there are only 3 other teams with working YAs in my league. Does it matter where I play the players in the other games?

I don't want to/can't afford to promote until 19, as I'm still training a couple of players in the seniors. Until they turn 21, I don't want to reduce their training, so won't promote the youth players.

The best YA players in my league get 5 stars. Should I lineup my best players against them no matter where they play? (all my best players are forwards, all his are backs).

As for TT, I was thinking that I really want to make sure my players have high stamina and technique, so want to put training on these two more regularly than on others. I'm rotating them every 2 weeks atm, though.

stomalomalus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down