Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stadium expansion

2 posters

Go down

Stadium expansion Empty Stadium expansion

Post by agrimsley Sun May 19, 2013 6:22 pm

I just wanted to get some advice on my next steps with my affiliate team. Currently I am in Div II in Belgium likely to finish 6th due to the 2 bot teams in with me. I have a stadium with 6294 seats (0 standing) which pulls in 105k at full capacity.

As I've not been really improving the team, weekly salaries are under control and I've got my training facilities built up. At the turn of the season, I will be opening L5 facilities along with a single L5 attack, defense, stamina and kicking trainer in order to train up a few U20 players if possible. I also have a second attack and defense trainer waiting in the wings but I'm not sure they will be needed right away.

My current financial situation sees my team pretty much breaking even on a weekly basis before match revenue but this will obviously change once the L5s open. I have just over 500k sat in the bank and my question is should I spend this on a stadium expansion to support the L5s or should I spend it on an English U20 trainee that comes on the market? All advice is welcome.....

agrimsley

Back to top Go down

Stadium expansion Empty Re: Stadium expansion

Post by quind Mon May 20, 2013 4:05 am

Stadium without question for me, providing if you build it they will come.

How many members do you have, and what capacity is being met when home Vs a bot?

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by agrimsley Mon May 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Im just shy of 1200 but gaining 15+ each week still. I sell out 100% against bots. Using Raggs' 9.5x formula I would increase by almost 3000 exc. standing. Would cost me 450k so I think I might just do it

Was leaning that way, just wanted confirmation really.

agrimsley

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon May 20, 2013 2:27 pm

I'd twist the ratios a little something like, 0, 4000, 3700, 1000, 120 - gives a cost of circa $430k

I've a bit of a downer on uncovered seats. It's not that they don't make money, they do. It's just the return on the cost of capital is a slow one.

The 9.5 ratios are on the high side for a 1200 member base so you'd be possibly leaving a little room for growth, and that's fine. That new stadium selling out should take something like $150k profit

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum