Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any thoughts on how to win this one?

4 posters

Go down

Any thoughts on how to win this one? Empty Any thoughts on how to win this one?

Post by mattjair Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:45 am

Hey Gents,

This game is coming up for me. It's a big one as if i get through the financial return should be solid - I'm skint so trying to treat this as a big opportunity.
https://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=10222573

He has 4 players that are notably better than any I have and his best 15 averages 55k CSR to my 48k.

His best players are at 4, 7, 10 and 12. I can't match the guy at 12 and probably not the guy at 4 at all so that's pretty challenging.

He plays a predominantly pick and go game and then spreads the rest of his game around across the other three mechanics. Looks like he's better than me in Scrum and Lineout but not really anywhere else obvious. He has way more experience, but less size and weight, or so it'd seem. I think I'm slightly better disciplined.

Thinking to focus on a driving game to keep the ball tied up and use my weight advantage. Minimise touch kicking. Was going to play aggressive but a bit concerned about giving him too many scrums to dominate from.

Any more thoughts on what I could do? He always LTNT's so I will too, obviously - I do, therefore, have a really big energy advantage which is what makes me think I could do something in the game...

Cheers and apologies if this is anyone here!

mattjair

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Any thoughts on how to win this one? Empty Re: Any thoughts on how to win this one?

Post by quind Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:47 am

Energy advantage is huge. Can't see you losing with a TNT, normal might be enough, but away in the cup and if desperate to win and you're okay with energy hit then bash the TNT button.

He may have a bit more CSR, but there's no real height or weight in his team, so I wouldn't worry too much about the set piece.

I'd not focus too much on one attack type, just in case he matches up the right defence. Tops 35% on one slider type. Kick 12% or so, but I would go mostly for touch, and if you want an aggressive game perhaps match that with a drift defence.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Any thoughts on how to win this one? Empty Re: Any thoughts on how to win this one?

Post by ben_fluleck Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:46 am

I'd be tempted to normal here you have a huge energy advantage here. I'd would use the advantage you have in your backs probably also try and keep the ball in play for as long as possible, meaning trying to avoid lineouts and just further tiring out his already jaded team. If you LTNT you will win by loads, normal with the right tactics will give you a good win as well.

ben_fluleck

Back to top Go down

Post by mattjair Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks for all the help, fellas.

I guess I'm not that certain of my tactical nous. I also didn't realise that the energy advantage would be so dramatic - I figured there'd be an edge but not much more than that...

I don't want to take a chance and have a shoe-in in the league on Saturday so I don't think there's any harm in TNT'ing to cover my lack of any kind of tactical idea...Very Happy

By keeping the ball in play - assume you mean avoiding touch kicks etc - what sort of % should I do versus up and under? Does that also mean keeping it tighter, too?

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Post by mattjair Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Thanks lads - you totally called it. Into round 4 for only the second time for me!
https://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=10222573&summary=1

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:10 pm

well done
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:10 am

Congrats Matt. When you see people talking about this being an energy management game they're far from kidding.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum