Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Bath about to stop being a shower?

4 posters

Go down

Are Bath about to stop being a shower? Empty Are Bath about to stop being a shower?

Post by quind Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 am

Seems very likely they'll be adding Garvey, Ford, Joseph and Watson to their squad for next season. One would hope GG has confirmed to some of those players they will not just be kicking the ball away.

If they can keep Louw the team could run out as:

James
Webber
Wilson
Attwood
Caldwell
Garvey
Louw
Fearns
?
Ford
Watson
Banahan
Joesph
Eastmond
Bendy

Could use some decent options at 6 and lock, and a scrum half looks very much required. In an ideal world a new THP and a 12 could be found, but even without that could be s decent side.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Are Bath about to stop being a shower? Empty Re: Are Bath about to stop being a shower?

Post by Wilz Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Only just seen this quin, a little late I know, but do you really think Watson would push Biggs out of the team? And do you still agree with your backline after Eastmond's move to 12?

Also, you may find it interesting that the talk in Bath is of Micky Young and Martin Roberts being signed as our 9s for next season. Personally I don't think that will be good enough.

Lastly, seems Gold agreed with you as he has signed Juan Pablo Orlandi and Leroy Houston. I assume Louw and Fearns will remain at 6 and 7, as long as Louw stays, with Houston at 8 as long as he has been signed as a first choice.
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Are Bath about to stop being a shower? Empty Re: Are Bath about to stop being a shower?

Post by Pascal Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Eastmond at 12?!?

Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:54 am

They keep moving eastmond closer and closer to 10 to get him more involved since he does so well, they want him with more ball in hand time.

I actually recognise a fair few of those names, looks like they're going to have quite a dynamic backline, and not a bad pack (that I know). Guess it then comes down to how they use it.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 am

Getting Eastmond on the ball more I accept. My inclination is to do that by playing him on the wing but have him acting as 1st receiver a fair amount of the time, and stepping in at 9.

But I haven't seen him live at 12 yet, so it may work. That said I can't think of another 12 quite that small and that may cause issues, Shane Geraghty as a for instance would be a fair size larger and he struggles at times

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 am

I think his height and size will be more of an issue at 12 than it would be on the wing, hell he's smaller than Wade I believe!
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:09 am

I agree, so i find this plan odd. Just I've not seen it in practice so they might be making it work

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:38 pm

Personally I think it is working quite well and having Banahan outside him helps with the size issue. I have personally been quite impressed with his defensive displays give his size. He tends to hit quite hard and whenever he has failed to complete the tackle so far, from the games I've seen, there seems to be someone else there to complete it. The main reason for him being there seems to be his distribution.

I think it seems to work.
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down