Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Johnson resigns. Who's next?

+3
The Zec
SammyPye
Raggs
7 posters

Go down

Johnson resigns.  Who's next? Empty Johnson resigns. Who's next?

Post by Raggs Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:49 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/nov/16/martin-johnson-quits-england?CMP=NECNETTXT8187

Well, after having his entire coaching staff removed, looks like he decided to jump before being pushed too. Who's next? I hope someone who'll let our young guns loose.

EDIT - Nice breakdown of some possible candidates http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/nov/16/england-coach-martin-johnson
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Johnson resigns.  Who's next? Empty Re: Johnson resigns. Who's next?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:36 pm

Thinking RL for a moment , I believe Shawn Edwards has signed up for Wales for another 4 years and I think Andy Farrell is probably a bit raw yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by SammyPye Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:33 pm

It's looking like they'll get someone in short term and then they'll ask Nick Mallett. Would be a pretty solid appointment imo.
SammyPye
SammyPye

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:18 am

Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 pm

At the moment I like Stuart Lancaster, he seems to favour youth which is the right approach. I still think we can and will win the six nations. We can beat Scotland and Italy definitely, Wales are overrated, Ireland are beatable and France are France - inconsistent.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zec Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:07 pm

Was discussing this with my dad the other day, What potential do we have in the tight five at the moment? Hard to look past your standard:

Corbisiero
Hartley
Cole
Lawes
Palmer

I can see Joe Marler getting a look-in, certainly at the EPS. Anyone know of any future stars? They seem to be hard to come by in the tight 5...
The Zec
The Zec

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:50 am

possibly kieran brookes hes a young lad at newcastle was 18 stone of beef at the age of 18 or something daft.
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:32 pm

wing wrote:possibly kieran brookes hes a young lad at newcastle was 18 stone of beef at the age of 18 or something daft.

Carl Hayman thinks he has the potential to become one of the best props ever and he also says Brookes is better than Hayman himself was at the same age.

How about Nathan Catt? Some of the experts think he will be very hopeful of a place and he helped destroy a London Irish scrum on Sunday that had Corbisiero taking a bettering until he couldn't cope any more and was taken off.
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by quick Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:37 pm

Marler definitely.
Attwood if he can get some form.
And yeah Brookes is getting rave reviews.

quick

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:39 am

quickball123 wrote:And yeah Brookes is getting rave reviews.

Is this from playing with the Falcons? Since at Tigers he's played a pre-season game or two, in a home defeat to Exeter, an away defeat at Wasps, and then an appearance off the bench in a massive one point away win over Falcons. Since when I think he's been out injured.

I actually think Brookes could have played for either Ireland or England, but being behind Ayerza, Cole and Castro is going to make it very hard to push his case. Marler will almost certainly be in the EPS, but for now as his scum work comes under a lot of pressure at times and in a 22 man squad it tends to be a tighthead on the bench I'm not sure when he'll play.

Anyone know when the international games moves to a matchday 23? That'd help out Marler no end.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:37 pm

He's still only young to be fair, not exactly sure how old. At some point soon Castro and Ayerza will be retiring and Brookes will be ready to move in. Hopefully he'll be the star for England every thinks he can be.
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:51 pm

hes like 20-21 i think anyway a year younger than me or summit
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Wilz wrote:He's still only young to be fair, not exactly sure how old. At some point soon Castro and Ayerza will be retiring and Brookes will be ready to move in. Hopefully he'll be the star for England every thinks he can be.

I think he's still just 21. And to be fair it's odd to see many props get a lot of game time at that age, Marler being one such example. And after seeing the mess it has made of players like Wood I am all for props not getting too much work too young. It's just that Tigers have such good options I'd be a little concerned that Brookes going to Leicester (like Kitchener) won't play enough, and certainly won't play in the bigger games to learn against the best.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by quick Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Yeah at the falcons.

quick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum