Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

commentary

2 posters

Go down

commentary Empty commentary

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:00 pm

those commentators say some funny things. in my game today this came up when my kicker went for a conversion:

"Ohh, what happened there?!? MacLogan made poor contact with the ball and it's scuttled, end over ender, underneath the crossbar. A member of the crowd stands up and mockingly shouts "GOAL", to the amusement of the Erith Predators fans. Wrong sport mate!"

made me chuckle, and before you all rip my kicker he had 10 kicking which is more than enough for div v and decent enough for div iv next season

Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

commentary Empty Re: commentary

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:04 pm

also oddly my team performed a well executed triple scissors move, but between my scrummie, lock and prop. with it ending up in my props hands who is slow as f@*k. found this curious
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:10 pm

my number 8 decided to take it upon himself to clear our lines. even when 5 of my backs are decent kickers..
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zec Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Most of that is just commentary fluff Smile The game plays the p&g/driving/expansive/creative move with the players who are on hand, and the M.E. selects a suitable line of commentary, for example, you played a creative move, and the players that were available to play it were props and a scrummie. One of the commentary lines for creative moves is the triple scissors line that you got there.

The last post intrigues me though Meat, what level skill is a 'decent' kicker to you (or am I missing the obvious and you have 5 guys on level 8...)
The Zec
The Zec

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:26 am

ahh cheers zec. shame i didnt have a winger on hand, it created a hole but he got caught almost immediately :'(
and well i have scrummie with 8 kicking, a wing with 7, FH with 10, other wing with 8 and a fb with 8, enough for div v i think. do you think its enough for iv? bearing in mind my FH doesnt turn 18 till end of the season and he's on 3 kicking nets, so will increase.
anyway my number 8 who decided to kick himself only has level 2.. and oddly it was a decent kick, from my own 22 to near the halfway line according to the commentator Very Happy
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zec Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Ok, I don't claim to be a kicking guru - but I have invested a lot of time into it. I have (this feels like bragging now...) 2 18s, a 15, 2 13s, and several 9-12s. Interestingly, the best 13 is actually a 2nd row, but I digress.

It has been mentioned in the forums that reputable (9) is the threshold for kicking where the team will "let" that person make the tactical kicks (for example, your named kicker will walk up from fullback into the pocket to kick for the corner - or something similar). I've seen this backed up by performances too. It's been a while since I put out a team with less than 2 reputable kickers, but I do remember, the only times anyone else kicked were when the designated kicker had been involved in the previous phase (or one before) and was therefore unable to take the kick. If you can, check the commentary for something like this happening if your forwards kick again.

Looking at your kickers - because they're all below reputable, if the FH is tied up, I think the ME will just pick the nearest player to clear, rather than the next best kicker. I guess the thinking is that a player needs a certain level of kicking skill to know when and where he's needed for a kick.

As for the length of the kick, ever see Ali Williams cover for New Zealand? Can't remember the game but he tracked back for a box kick, recovered it in his 22 and cleared it to the opposition 10m on the other side of the pitch! The commentators were all over it, and finally decided on "long levers" as the reason Razz
The Zec
The Zec

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:11 pm

ahh lol well hopefully my kickers will be half as good as yours by the time my team is as good as yours is now.

and here is the section of commentary:
"The Stafford Bulldogs RUFC get themselves into position as Balmer of the Erith Predators restarts the match. Burnet times his jump beautifully to claim the high kick to left field from Balmer! Burnet, from inside his own twenty-two, makes a decent kick downfield putting the kick out on the full. This lineout will form up on halfway."
burnet is my number 8, luckily his kick was decent, but this makes me think he must've found himself isolated? though still seems hard to believe. or would you say my kicker wasnt near enough to him and therefore there was noone above the 'threshold' for him to pass too.

and nope i didn't know about that lol, haha that sounds like a decent bit of rugby history right there
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down