Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attack Balance

+2
Twinkletoes
Jumpinbeans
6 posters

Go down

Attack Balance Empty Attack Balance

Post by Jumpinbeans Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:48 am

How do you guys work out what sort of balance for attack is best for your team? I had picked a pretty much balanced approach across of all the stats since i started playing this game ages ago but noticed that when I played one game earlier this season and the weather was awful i went more png and dr. I had also noticed that my performance against some teams when i lost wasn't as close as that between the team i had beaten and the one I lost to.

Is the weather the primary concern or do you pick the balance based on your players (i.e. if higher csr in the forwards play more png and driving) or do you attempt to work out how the opposition play?

cheers

Jumpinbeans

Back to top Go down

Attack Balance Empty Re: Attack Balance

Post by Twinkletoes Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:57 am

I'm sure a lot of people will have their own personal advice on this, and I'm sure they'll post it after I've posted this. But one thing that might give you an insight into different tactics are the U20 line ups posted on this site, Raggs does a great job of explaining why we're going to play a certain way against a certain team. I personally have learnt a lot from his explanations. It's by no means the only guide you should use, and others will give their advice, but it is an option that's worth exploring!
Twinkletoes
Twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:07 am

I focus on my strengths and stick to them. however I will switch up the tactics sometimes to see how they work against certain teams I play freqeuntly.
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Twinkletoes wrote:I'm sure a lot of people will have their own personal advice on this, and I'm sure they'll post it after I've posted this. But one thing that might give you an insight into different tactics are the U20 line ups posted on this site, Raggs does a great job of explaining why we're going to play a certain way against a certain team. I personally have learnt a lot from his explanations. It's by no means the only guide you should use, and others will give their advice, but it is an option that's worth exploring!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for these insights?

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:49 am

You're are not "confirmed english". The english english are a little paranoid Very Happy. Don't worry, with your activeness you'll get there fast.
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:20 am

Aye Humps, sorry, you've got 2 levels to climb yet, but I'll bump you up the first one now.

The problem is mate, we've got a lot of members, and it's very easy for someone to join our offsite pretending to be English. With the NT world cup going on atm as well, security keeps getting tighter.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:11 am

He won't even let me have a peek. So I can sell those secrets to the interested parties -.-
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:19 am

Raggs wrote:Aye Humps, sorry, you've got 2 levels to climb yet, but I'll bump you up the first one now.

Entirely feasible this is a flat out lie, or of course it could be the truth. Possibly no one save Raggs knows what level denotes the innermost sanctum, but the first rule about Raggs' Club is we don't talk about....

I'd tell you the 2nd rule, but the 1st precludes any such discussion. But simply to speculate I could say there's no obvious reason to suppose the NT lineup details are anything other than a smokescreen even if you can read them.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:24 am

Happy to admit there's a seperate forum for Admins and Mods Smile, I think there's 1 post on it, from me.

And then there's a few odds and sods that get created for a few people for convenience sake.

I can't make one just for myself I don't believe, unless I demote the other admin...
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:24 am

it's all a conspiracy ofc! Those NT lineups are all there to confuse everyone including spies who have access to the inner circle!
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:56 am

No problem Raggs. It's not the lineups I'm too fussed about, it would be the tactics explanation that would aid me the most. Would a picture of me back in 2003 utterly inebriated after watching us with the world cup work as proof of my Englishness? haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:06 am

As to tactics, it's trying to work out what you can capitalize on. If you have a poor hooker, likelyhood is you'll give away a lot of your own lineouts, so perhaps getting a lot of penalties isn't that useful, so playing BTB isn't a good idea. If you have a fantastic kicker, maybe it is, since he'll grab 3 points often.

Creative relies on good handling, so check past reports to ensure that your handling will be better.

Expansive seems to give your players a 1 on 1 situation with their opposite number, so I'd say this is a good tactic if you have a few star players, since when they get it, they'll hopefully break the line.

If you note your opponent has a bad kicker, playing aggressive can be good, since he'll never make much ground (if he has a bad hooker/lineout, there's a good chance you can steal it back).

If you don't have much speed, play drift defence, since I believe stopping linebreaks relies on speed to get back and tackle, if you have a very fast team, perhaps head towards MoM or even Rush to try and stop their play dead.

Read the docs on tactics etc, there's actually good stuff there Smile, try and work out how you can combine them to work together.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjam_w Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Good advice - Raggs, is there any chance of getting to see the U20 stuff? It used to appear...but seems I've lost out in the tightening security?

Its not like I'm a fly-by-night!

jimjam_w

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum