Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What went wrong?

5 posters

Go down

What went wrong? Empty What went wrong?

Post by F W Smith Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:06 pm

At the weekend my team looked in control of the game and ended the first half leading by 33-12.

In the second half we had a complete reversal and ended up loosing by 38 - 43.

What went wrong? confused confused confused

My stamina rating ( reporters summary) was higher than the other teams - so I don't think it was a "getting tired" issue. Our energy levels were about the same before the game started.

I played normal and the other team played WNWIM!

We had no injuries in the game - my opponents had three (12th, 17th and 54th minutes).

Could it be that three fresh players coming on as replacements swung the game for them as my team tired?

I'm not certain about the impact of replacement players - do they enter the game fresh or do they get tired as they watch?

I would be interested in any thoughts you might have.

Cheers, Frank.

F W Smith

Back to top Go down

What went wrong? Empty Re: What went wrong?

Post by Mazzeha Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Quite possible that the new players that did come on did have that impact. Until we get replacements added, who knows

Mazzeha

Back to top Go down

Post by mmm Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Looks like Foot Of The Gas to me, see the recent poll on the main site.

I could be wrong, but.

mmm
mmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkletoes Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:37 pm

I'm not really sure what happened! My players coming on weren't the strongest in my squad. It may have been something to do with the tactics I was playing, I won a larger quantity of rucks, but that doesn't account for the change in the second half showing! If you'd be interested in discussing it some more feel free to message me, perhaps we can both gain some knowledge from this.
Cheers, TT.
Twinkletoes
Twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:46 pm

could it be that coincidentally the oppositions tactics were foccussed on the area of your team that has the lowest stamina?

this would mean as the game went on they would dominate this player or group of players more.... despite having higher stamina this could happen to you if your lowest stamina players were being inadvertantly targeted by a flukey tactical move or 2

add fotg and injury replacements to the eqaution and we might be onto it
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by F W Smith Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks to all. A bit to think about there.
Special thanks to TT, I had no idea you were on here - I am very new myself.
TT's team won the game fair and square. Truth be told: they made my lot look like a bunch of no hopers in the second half.
I will message you with the details TT.
In the meantime - a couple of things that have crossed my mind are:
Did my "timid scrummie" play the obvious all the time and not give my backs any ball? I switched my centres for this game (maybe a bad move). I think that TT's half backs really got on top in the second half.
I think that Wing's idea may have something to it. I do have a couple of weaker links stamina wise so maybe they did just "fold" as the game went on. It's an interesting idea.
Foot Off The Gas is a possible contender - I know from experience that it casn be hard to shake a team out of cruise control and up the intensity when a lead starts to dwindle.
To a large extent I only have "real rugby" to guide me so I may be making some errors in the BR World.
I will have a think and a "jiggle" and try to avoid the same thing happening again!
We need to shape up before we play TT's team again!
I look forward to any more ideas or thoughts that come up.
Cheers to all.

F W Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down