Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling a few, maybe 5 or 6 in total

3 posters

Go down

Selling a few, maybe 5 or 6 in total Empty Selling a few, maybe 5 or 6 in total

Post by quind Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:13 pm

After accidentally promoting I'm going to sell some players and get ready for relegating, again.  None of my players are that old (the oldest is 28 about to turn 29) and they'll be circa 200-250k CSR.  So some good options to buy, and from my standpoint hopefully some expensive options to buy.

The first two going up are

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=13251410

and

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=12044259

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Selling a few, maybe 5 or 6 in total Empty Re: Selling a few, maybe 5 or 6 in total

Post by quind Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:52 am

There are now more for sale. Further good players too, got to be of interest to someone. Fair warning some have already reached their $1 reserve, and at least one has attracted a bid of $1001, which might be as high as a 200k CSR 26 year old goes for, who knows!

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Selling a few, maybe 5 or 6 in total Empty Re: Selling a few, maybe 5 or 6 in total

Post by Jonny Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:25 am

I love the thought of accidentally promoting

Jonny

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:42 am

It never really occurred to me I'd win the qualifier, I could have shanked my selection but that felt wrong, and I wanted the TNT for the exp. As it turns out the other team wanted out of what's an overly strong Div 2 and it simply hadn't occurred to me they wouldn't try and thus win. Heh ho.

The reason that Div 2 is so strong is that Jolly Roger promoted through it locking in a Div 1 team that had demoted. Amusingly If I relegate as I did previously there's an excellent chance Praetorians will replace me, and that could lock in another Div 1 team who demote. Div II.4 is perhaps on the way to being the strongest Div II ever.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:13 am

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=12188016

And up goes one of my big guns, he's been a rock in my midfield at 12 for a number of seasons now. He's due a pop in handling too. Only selling as he'd be 30 by the time I might make it back to Div 2, it's a wrench to see him go.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:20 pm

Yeah I know what you mean but just a funny peculiarity of the game that you can promote and not be particularly happy about it!

Made it into division 2 for the first time in my history next season - glad I didn't go into ii.4, will be enough of a struggle to stay up in ii.2!

Jonny

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:18 pm

Right, i'm onto my eighth player listed out of an original 5-6 being sold. This will very likely the last one sold (until I promote a decent 17 year old training option from the YA in a couple of rounds) but I may well have saved the best for last

About to turn 28, 233k CSR, 131kg, controlled discipline, a fine prop and adept at hooker

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=12173755

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:02 am

Always interesting to see where the money goes in these instances, and the money is a hard and true reflection of how others see your players. Right now I am a little surprised, but there's time until the auctions complete later today and then tomorrow.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:28 am

When I scout my 1, or maybe 2 players, next week this will be one of the players getting promoted, and whilst I may just fire the other this one is worth putting on the TM

https://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=8523076

Stamina 11
Hands 8
Attack 9
Defence 8
Tech 5
Str 5
Jump 5
Speed 13
Agility 13
Kicking 8

TDSP - 85, which isn't amazing but pretty good for someone only recently turned 17

I'd leave him in my YA actually other than I still plan to have speed and agi on TT this season, and there'd be no point training him on those as he'll be hitting the cap. With that speed and agi though he'd be very easy to train as a wing, or with that kicking one could have minimal nets on speed and agi and turn him into a very good 9, 10 or 15

He'll go on sale for my usual reserve of $1 so there's the chance too that someone might snag a bargain.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:59 pm

quind wrote: Div II.4 is perhaps on the way to being the strongest Div II ever.

Tell me about it

quind wrote:The reason that Div 2 is so strong is that Jolly Roger promoted through it locking in a Div 1 team that had demoted.

I'd like to point out to anyone that doesn't know, that was Quin's fault.

quind wrote:Amusingly If I relegate as I did previously there's an excellent chance Praetorians will replace me, and that could lock in another Div 1 team who demote.

I hate you!
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:12 pm

You should read your league lounge, you almost certainly can't get Praetorians now. That said your hatred of me is perfectly reasonable, even if I did offer the league a solution for not getting JRC and nobody took me up on it, and frankly I've always thought Widg the better member of WI anyway.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:35 pm

I thought I could get promoted that season so didn't want to give my ranking points to you. However, I failed and should have taken your advice. You think that, I've bested him in each of the last 3 seasons, so I win!

Oh and good news about praetorians.
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:52 am

All I remember was a Titans win on a lower intensity in the semis, not sure there have been other games since then! Although I'm glad no one took my suggestion on board, it wouldn't have been helpful to me.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Well I'll have you know that there have been 6 since then, Widget won the first and me the following 5 (2 of them I was wnwim v his LTNT). I wish I could tag him in this post. You are giving me the best opportunity to gloat.
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:39 am

17 year old for sale, 43k CSR, 13 speed and agility, popped to despicable exp last season.

Charles-Louis Sadourny

Stamina 11
Hands 8
Attack 9
Defence 8
Tech 5
Str 5
Jump 5
Speed 13
Agility 13
Kicking 8

TDSP - 85, which isn't amazing but pretty good for someone only recently turned 17

I'd leave him in my YA actually other than I still plan to have speed and agi on TT this season, and there'd be no point training him on those as he'll be hitting the cap. With that speed and agi though he'd be very easy to train as a wing, or with that kicking one could have minimal nets on speed and agi and turn him into a very good 9, 10 or 15

He'll go on sale for my usual reserve of $1 so there's the chance too that someone might snag a bargain.

Deadline Sat 9 Apr 10:36:00 - I was going to go for later in the day, but figure as I'll not play him I might as well whoever buys him let him play if wanted.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:15 am

Ouch, he went for $1

I wasn't expecting much in the current market, but still, ouch. One of those that makes you wish you could train 4-5 players on 10 nets and not have a car crash of a sale, but then one would only wish you could train 6-7 on 10 nets so it is what it is

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum