Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up, down, left, right- Promotion and relegation Divs 1-4 for Season 27

+10
ngater
mattjair
stomalomalus
harrytc
Dazza79
holy_monkey
spudola1
shotgunal
hikky999
quind
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Up, down, left, right- Promotion and relegation Divs 1-4 for Season 27 - Page 2 Empty Re: Up, down, left, right- Promotion and relegation Divs 1-4 for Season 27

Post by quind Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:59 am

That you lose Harlequin Celtic and Antifolk and gain Gravesend Gremlins from IV.12 and Wilson Warriors from IV.48.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Up, down, left, right- Promotion and relegation Divs 1-4 for Season 27 - Page 2 Empty Re: Up, down, left, right- Promotion and relegation Divs 1-4 for Season 27

Post by quind Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:03 am

Again, same warning. If one or more teams had played a MNF at a country such as NZ or Oz and gained/lost rating points then I could have most of these teams mapped to go into the wrong leagues.

If anyone wants to search all the demoting teams (I think J now has the AP table locked so perhaps would just be the demoting teams) to see if that played a MNF earlier than I'd started to look, and if so whether rating points were exchanged please feel free to look and then let me know.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by harrytc Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:15 am

harrytc wrote:
quind wrote:It's TVO dropping down to III.1 from Div II, with Lance Holman and his 550k CSR, so that'll be nice.

Well, it'll be an experience for the boys... :-)

It is a teeny bit frustrating, mind, writing off the next 8 months of BR.

How do I try and get into a more competitive league for my boys' abilities next time round?

harrytc

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:21 am

If you can't stay up the big thing is to spend as little in the next two seasons as possible, and to start getting ready now for what the team will be like in 3 seasons. Also in 3 seasons I'd target having 18-20 good players and not worry about squad players 21-24, really unless you're looking to challenge in every game than 16-18 good players would be best and then add above that as you can afford it to make the squad competitive.

So as of today if you have players you'll not want in your 1st XV in 3 seaons do you need them, or should players not meeting such criteria simply be sold. You might want to hang onto 2-3 who'll guarantee you'll come straight back up.

Team training, trainees and acquisitions should all be with a view to what the team will look like in S30.

Also, if I may, if you'll not stay up next season then you can perhaps TNT the entire season to build exp on those players you want looking to S30. It is boring, I've done it myself a few times

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harrytc Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:34 am

quind wrote:Team training, trainees and acquisitions should all be with a view to what the team will look like in S30.

I've been steadily improving the team at about 20k CSR on the average first XV per season since I hit level 5 training facilities and level 3 academy. I'm not entirely sure any more that this is as fast as the average rise of all the div III teams - do you have a handle on that at all?

quind wrote:Also, if I may, if you'll not stay up next season then you can perhaps TNT the entire season to build exp on those players you want looking to S30. It is boring, I've done it myself a few times

Yeah - I was considering that, and it's probably the only sensible thing to do. Maybe manage a little to get a decent cup run so the members have something to look forward to for the first few weeks of the season. Assuming I lose every league game - any idea at all how many members I might lose?

How _is_ where you end up promoting to calculated? At 5th in the promotion tables, I was expecting to end up in III:3?

harrytc

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:01 am

You'll gain members next season, you may be static or lose up to 10 in the first 2-3 rounds after demoting, but that'll recover to being a positive addition fairly quickly.

How much CSR teams gain will vary depending on the squad age profile, if players don't gain a benefit from TT owing to having skills at 18+, whether players inside the 1st XV received individual nets in addition to TT, what level training is in place, how training is spread.....

This season in my league one team has so far added around 15,000 to their 1stXV avg. CSR whereas another has lost around 3,000 owing to degrading players. Though it'd be worth noting the team who've added the most CSR have also seen their squad wage costs increase by $12k/week - NB. I don't know if that wage spend is reflected in their 1st XV CSR change

My squad has increased the 1st XV CSR by just under 14,000 across the season, and wages have been trimmed down by around $1k/week over the season too, only one of my trainees has recently risen to be included in my 1st XV by CSR, so most of my CSR gains are from TT an IGT

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:06 am

The top five teams in the AP table I have as follows:

1 Praetorians IV.32 87.8344
2 Chineham Tigers IV.51 63.5711
3 Hellyeah IV.29 62.6439
4 Croydon Crocodiles IV.11 61.9167
5 Mud Blood And Green IV.15 61.7196

The top three of those will replace bot teams, there are two bots in III.5 and another bot in III.13, Croydon will replace Conan's in III.13 and you then replace Nomadic in III.1

Who replaces who is done by the highest placed team in the AP table, i.e. the one with the most rating points, swapping with the demoting teams with the least amount of rating points, and it keeps going from there with the 2nd highest replacing the 2nd lowest and so on

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:16 pm

So who will be dropping down to IV.26 for next year?

Would be good to have a chance at promotion.

stomalomalus

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:58 pm

Stom, so far as I can tell it's Basterds, specifically Bainbrigge Basterds from III.9

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:01 pm

quind wrote:Stom, so far as I can tell it's Basterds, specifically Bainbrigge Basterds from III.9

Oh, then they're returning to the league, they were here in S24. Will be revisiting an old rivalry, then, and not one I had much success with :p But I'm better now Smile

stomalomalus

Back to top Go down

Post by harrytc Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:09 pm

quind wrote:Who replaces who is done by the highest placed team in the AP table, i.e. the one with the most rating points, swapping with the demoting teams with the least amount of rating points, and it keeps going from there with the 2nd highest replacing the 2nd lowest and so on

Those last three posts for me?

Gold.

Thank you very much.

harrytc

Back to top Go down

Post by mattjair Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:54 pm

Hey Quind, any idea who's likely to come into III.10?

Thank you!

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:33 pm

Matt,

I believe that'll be Sideth in IV.9 and Kingsbury Drivers in IV.23

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mattjair Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:25 am

Thanks Quind...Very Happy

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Post by ngater Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:20 am

Going back to Harrytc's post; I'm in a similar situation but 1 season on - it is a real challenge to go DIII to DII and be competitive. I've focusing on 2/3 seasons of gradually raising my average CSR to aim for ~ 230 - 240k before I promote again.

I can only agree with quind - you have to focus on what your team will look like at the time you promote which means culling a couple of older players probably.

ngater

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:52 am

I'd have gone over the 230k CSR mark had I promoted back to Div 2 next season, and with another season's exp I think I'd have been well set to have a real go at staying up. As I'm going up a little early now I've bailed, and thus the sale of a few players.

At least this way I can mash my S28 u20s on TNT next season.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ngater Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm at 224k currently, sounds like 240k is realistically the benchmark then. I've been up once, just about made a season and then got annihilated the season after.

Some nice prospects you've got there quind, good bit of TNT will bring them on nicely.

ngater

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:07 pm

Damn it's boring though.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ngater Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:55 pm

Very ..... like paint drying

ngater

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesTheShmoop Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:15 pm

Amersham Arrows, going up from 4 to 3

JamesTheShmoop

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesbass Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:45 am

Hi quind....you called my division last year so who is promoting to III.11 this year!?

jamesbass

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:36 am

Again the same warning, as I didn't look at the leagues until after some MNF could have been played this whole thing could be wrong.

That said I think Wirral will be replaced by Maul the Ball from II.3

and I think the teams in 7th and 8th will be replaced by Bob's Bruisers from IV.28 and Pagely from IV.53

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesbass Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:28 pm

Thanks.......

jamesbass

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesbass Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:57 am

quind wrote:Again the same warning, as I didn't look at the leagues until after some MNF could have been played this whole thing could be wrong.

That said I think Wirral will be replaced by Maul the Ball from II.3

and I think the teams in 7th and 8th will be replaced by Bob's Bruisers from IV.28 and Pagely from IV.53

2 out of 3 aint bad!

jamesbass

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:22 am

hmm, wonder where the error is/was

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next