Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does a Youth Academy cash in?

4 posters

Go down

Does a Youth Academy cash in? Empty Does a Youth Academy cash in?

Post by eddbutt Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:34 am

Here's a treat for you offsiters! This article will get published later this week:

Many of you will base your decision to have a Youth Academy on one simple question: Will I make a profit?

There is no simple answer in whether it's a good idea, as player sales are reliant on the transfer market which fluctuates from season to season. It may cash in now but won't in two seasons' time.

Here's the tale of my Youth Academy and why I have it.

The first reason for creating a Youth Academy is that younger players train the fastest, so the best way to guarantee a good first team in the long term is to train a lot of youngsters.

If you've got your own academy, you can train who you want, when you want.
For me, this is why I have a Youth Academy and the finances are a bonus.

If you're going to have an academy, go all out. What's the point in Level 1 or 2 when Level 3 gets the best results? You can either afford to have one working at its maximum or you can't. Always get to Level 3 facilities ASAP.

As for the staff, you need a Scout to get good players in the first place, so get one to Level 3 quickly. You need a Youth Coach to train your players, so get him to Level 3 too.

As for the Youth Manager, that's up for debate! All he does is show you your players' skills. Your main guide is from the stars they get from the match report after each game, so he isn't needed. He can however help you decide which skills to team train, so he is of use for some people.

The most you can spend on a Youth Academy is $57,500 a week. Over a 16 week season that's $920,000.

I've only got a Level 2 Manager, so that saves me $110,000 a season.

For my main team "The Corsairs", my first 15 comprises of 11 former Youth Academy players (with a current average of 260k CSR), and the squad has another 6 (17 out of 24 players). So it clearly works for me!

Money I've made from selling players recently:
Season 23 – 6 players - $2,637,587 (current season)
Season 22 – 6 players - $605,144
Season 21 – 3 players - $885,983
Season 20 – 4 players - $689,365
Average - $1,164,179
Total - $4,656,714

On average, that’s a profit of about $300k a season. The main reason for it being better recently is that the skill cap of 12 for YA players was removed a while ago, and this is now reflected in the players coming through the YA.

Also I have kept the best players from previous seasons for my first team and only sold the ones I don’t want. My Season 23 profits are therefore a reasonable demonstration of what you can make if you sell your best players.

The final thing to think about is when to sell. Managers tend to want to train 17 year olds, and ones with good untrainables or high CSRs can easily fetch over $500k. 20 year olds are now reaching 100k CSR, and people will pay good money for that too. I’ve not seen any point in selling 18 or 19 year olds yet, so it would be good to hear from someone if they think there’s a lot of money to be made there.

In summary, a good Youth Academy may make you a profit when you sell those player, but it saves you a fortune as you don’t need to buy many new ones!

Thanks for reading! Let me know what your views are below.

eddbutt

Back to top Go down

Does a Youth Academy cash in? Empty Re: Does a Youth Academy cash in?

Post by holy_monkey Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Yeah, in terms of money making I'm about break even on the sales of my youth. Roughly $1,000,000 in sales over the last season. But in terms of the players that I can pull through for my actual team, that is where the real bonus lies. One of the locks I've had trained up through my YA is now my star player and could easily go for $2,000,000+ but I'd never have been able to afford him outright. That's where it's really advantageous for teams imo, that you can get star players without having to pay crazy amounts. Particularly helpful for lower leagues like mine!

holy_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:47 pm

Very good article, well done!

Question though, are the amounts of sold players with or without player you have bought?
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by eddbutt Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Thanks!

I've bought four players, and they're not included in those totals. I spent $8.8m on those four. Two were over 400k CSR, and the other two were 22ish at around 150k CSR that have improved with TT.

eddbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by eddbutt Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:03 pm

Another stat is that I've made $8.6 on the transfer market and spent $9.8. A loss of $1.2m to date. One more season should see me in profit for my entire time in the game.

eddbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:59 am

Wow with those figures (in the last post). I've so far spent $387k and made $20k...

Although those figures will soon rise. Hopefully considerably.

stomalomalus

Back to top Go down

Post by eddbutt Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:36 pm

I think that's quite small for 23 seasons! I've seen some people that live on the transfer market and have spent $200 million!

eddbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum