Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSR, Training and Age

+3
stomalomalus
quind
JamesTheShmoop
7 posters

Go down

CSR, Training and Age Empty CSR, Training and Age

Post by JamesTheShmoop Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:47 pm

As I understand as players get older they loose CSR.
1) What age does this start to happen?
2) When it does should I withdraw them from training?

JamesTheShmoop

Back to top Go down

CSR, Training and Age Empty Re: CSR, Training and Age

Post by holy_monkey Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Can happen anytime over age 28 but generally a little later. I've had players carry on gaining skills all the way upto 32 or so.

Definitely withdraw them from training, it has an absolutely minimal effect on their decline and it's much better to preserve their energy. If you are thinking about buying an old player from the market, make sure that they have high stamina as they are probably being sold due to them starting to decline. Also make sure that any skill they have that you are going to be depending on (eg. handling for a scrummie) can take losing 2 points or so and still be worth having them in your team. I don't think I've ever seen an old player lose more than 2 points from a single stat before within a season, so you should at least get 1 season out of an oldie, more if lucky!

holy_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:18 pm

It can actually happen at any age. The average age at which this starts is either 32 or 32,5 and it follows a guassian curve. That means it is just as likely to get a player who deteriorates 2 seasons before the mean as it is to get a player to deteriorate 2 seasons over the mean.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Interesting thought that it follows a Gaussian curve (a bell curve to most) have they confirmed that? It's quite possible but I'd have thought at the point a new player is generated they have the value for number of trainable weeks determined by the great RNG with weightings. So the distribution of players currently existing could well be normal (or close to) for their number of trainable weeks, but could vary from it too with some significance.

As to when players can start to decline the docs very clearly say the earliest it can happen is age 28 but it could be earlier, which seems about right for user docs. That said I've heard of less than 5 players in total who've ever started to decline before age 29, so for all practical purposes they start to decline aged 29 and above.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Jeremy confirmed it not that long ago must be a season ago. If you study the ME then you will see the bell curves at many locations. It used to say 29-35 but after some players dropped at 28 they changed the docs and after that a 27 yo started to drop. At that time Jeremy said it could start at any age. In other words the devs  sometimes put false info in the docs. Not to hinder managers from running their teams but to make it more difficult to decipher the ME. It's because things like this i love this game.

Last edited by Hopmans on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:41 pm

I found two threads relating to this:

first a discussion how the ME could model this:

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.clubrooms.php#conversation=53480&page=1

When that was going on a bug report response by Jeremy give the decisive answer:
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.clubrooms.php#conversation=53488&z=5453
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:28 pm

There's wiggle room in those comments. But it's either one would expect it to be close to normal distribution, or simply normal distribution.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesTheShmoop Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Thanks Guys got a 30 Year Old might remove him from training

JamesTheShmoop

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:34 pm

By all means remove him from training if he is declining, but he could well keep on improving for a few seasons yet. Depends on the player rather than the age.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:32 pm

My 35y/o FH is still improving! Glacially, but improving. I've got very lucky, actually, as I've also got a 34 and 32 y/o who are both gaining.

stomalomalus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Cheers stoma
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by eddbutt Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:33 pm

I always thought that 30 was the youngest a player could decline. Is this definitely not true?

eddbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:24 pm

nope check the statement by Jeremy in the links. It was a while ago though that 30 was the number in the docs. At least 4 seasons ago since they changed it to 29 in the docs. They were still wrong though.

Technically a player could decline at 17. The chances of Suarez' next biting being the Queen is much bigger though.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by holy_monkey Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:04 pm

Hopmans wrote:Technically a player could decline at 17. The chances of Suarez' next biting being the Queen is much bigger though.

I'd pay to see that...

holy_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down