Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold Gone!

3 posters

Go down

Gold Gone! Empty Gold Gone!

Post by Wilz Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:42 pm

So Gary Gold has gone. No reason has been given but it can't be good for Bath. I just hope it doesn't have a negative impact. Does anyone know anything?
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Gold Gone! Empty Re: Gold Gone!

Post by quind Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Sounds like he hasn't done much this season. Ford had basically taken over most day to day duties.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:10 pm

He wasn't supposed to be as involved as he was in the day to day running but he was still always there on match days alongside Ford and tended to be the one the media spoke to. And from what I gather, team selection was a joint decision between the two of them. I'm just hoping that stuff was lies to make it seem like Gold did have a role and that we are actually fine without him.
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Gold had been reduced to watching the matches and speaking to the media, Ford did the rest with Booth (apart from backs coaching which no one does)

I used to think it odd Bath didn't have a backs coach, but I hadn't then realised they wouldn't need one.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Seems they want one now. A report on the BBC says Steve McNamara is considering the role of attack and skills coach. Now that would be nice to see.
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:06 am

Why? I can understand using rugby league defence systems. But surely RL attack ideas are going to be rather out of place without large adaptation?
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:04 am

There's a theory Ford has that as a defence orientated coach he's better placed to see weakness in other teams' defensive structures, and this in turn makes him a better attack coach than an attack coach. For all I know he's right, but it is odd that his team have gone an entire game without passing to Eastmond and Joseph no matter the weather, perhaps I misunderstand attack. Back on topic he may thusly be happy to bring in someone with the skills of a rugby league background to work on such areas he himself identifies.

As someone who of long-standing has praised without fault the affect of league coaching on union I frankly couldn't be happier.

Just one other, if this doesn't work out for Ford would anyone else ever hire him? Everywhere he's gone he's put a knife in the back of his boss, save perhaps Johnson.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:29 pm

Apparently Mcanamamaaramamara has gone off to the sydney roosters.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum