Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three questions

2 posters

Go down

Three questions Empty Three questions

Post by mattjair Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:43 am

Hey fellas,

I've been thinking about a few things with the new tactical options...

1) Anyone noticed anything particularly noteworthy? I didn't think my zonal kicking settings were too high - but I seem to be racking up a lot of kicking distance compared to my opponents. How are you all doing?

2) Defence. I've barely ever changed this as I'm just not sure how I could measure the impact from one game to the next. Beyond the description in the docs, are there any thoughts about what the best situations are to play each type of defence? I really never, ever know... I feel like I'm missing out here though, obviously.

3) Form, and its value. What would form be worth in relation to CSR if you could put a value on it to quantify it when selecting. i.e. lets just say you have two identical players in intangibles terms - with very smiilar skill sets so you're considering them for the same spot on the field. One has 60k CSR and satisfactory form. One has 65k CSR and moderate form. What's more valuable to your team - has anyone ever dug into this?

Cheers fellas

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Three questions Empty Re: Three questions

Post by mattjair Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:55 am

OK, four questions...

Is it not a 6 week gap without logging in that means you go bot?

If so - why didn't this lad?
https://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/me.lobby.php?id=115260#page=summary&id=115260

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:51 am

I think the %s from basic were reduced as you moved further forward up the pitch, I suspect theres a lot more kicking going on in your own half now.

I don't vary my defence much, always liked drift for the extra turnovers.

I tend to go with csr/skills, but the best thing you can do is play a few thursdays/anytimes and watch the star ratings for the players on different form.

It's 8 weeks I believe, and bots only happen at certain times, so it can in fact be close to 14 weeks in some cases.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mattjair Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks Raggs. Good to get a sense of what other people do.

Defense-wise, I've always just done drift but haven't really been performing very well compared to last season and can't really figure out why - my side is better, no doubt, so something has to be different.... not sure if I'm coughing the ball up too much or kicking it away too much or just not defending well as people have changed to zonal tactics etc.

Cheers

Matt

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:54 am

With zonal I've been using rush, since I'm able to control the kicking a lot more, I do it more often. Means I've dropped aggression to normal though.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down