Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gatland took Farrell 'to spy on England'

2 posters

Go down

Gatland took Farrell 'to spy on England' Empty Gatland took Farrell 'to spy on England'

Post by quind Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:07 am

http://www.espn.co.uk/wales/rugby/story/203657.html

Full story text:

Warren Gatland has claimed he took England defence coach Andy Farrell on the summer's British and Irish Lions tour to get the inside track on England.

Speaking to the Western Mail, Gatland outlined why he took Farrell rather than, as had been expected, his Wales No. 2 Shaun Edwards.

"I made [the decision] a little bit selfishly, it was a chance for me to bring in someone who I hadn't worked with in the past, in terms of Andy Farrell, who was well regarded by anyone who I spoke to.

"It doesn't take away from the respect I have for Shaun as a coach, but it was good from that aspect to work with somebody else. I have a huge amount of respect and regard for Shaun.

"There was, I suppose, a part of me looking long term, knowing that Andy could do a good job but also, if you are thinking you know what the World Cup pool is and knowing that we were going to have England in our pool, potentially it gives me a little bit of an insight into England and their preparations.

"That's a little bit of the cutting side of me. You don't admit those things and that's probably more of a reflective decision, saying what happens afterwards.

"There was no doubt that by us going on the Lions, we have given away, from a coaching set up and backroom staff, a huge amount of information, so it's always nice to get something back as well."

Gats in not managing to agree with himself shocker.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Gatland took Farrell 'to spy on England' Empty Re: Gatland took Farrell 'to spy on England'

Post by quick Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Read about it this morning... what a tit

quick

Back to top Go down