Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final statement

3 posters

Go down

Final statement Empty Final statement

Post by Hopmans Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:36 am

I was asked to post here what i care for, or better put what i stand for. Here goes:

I care about openness. About letting everybody show which managers do what for the NT. It's not about 1 person it's about a community working together to get the job done.

I'm about fairness. About when you give your vote to someone that you will know that that NT manager will strive towards a goal at the WC. That when the manager doesn't reach that goal. He realizes that perhaps there is a slim chance that an other manager might be better. Or at least realize he should get tactical assistance.

And lastly I'm about honesty.About when you train a player for season after season and then you be told that player won't be in the NT because the NT hasn't told you there are 5 rivals for that position. Then that isn't being open to the manager that selflessly works for the NT.

Thats the NT i want to be. In a few hours we will know. whatever happens is wish England the best and offer my managerial services to whoever may wish to need it.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Final statement Empty Re: Final statement

Post by quind Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:09 am

All of which is fine, perhaps a bit precious for me, but fine. What it doesn't acknowledge though is that Wing is striving towards a WC goal, just more the cups in 2 and 4 seasons time, so there's a slim (even better than slim) chance Wing knows what he's doing, and many in the community know what Wing is doing and have no issue with it, or have accepted it (there will no doubt always be some who want to target every cup)

I, as someone who rarely talks to Wing about the NT, could have told you that going into the last Cup there was a hope England could do well, but not given their exp, training programmes completed to date and form much in the way of expectation. I can understand why you might not have regard for such, nor even knowledge, but without such appreciation from the outset then the critique you've afforded has often been ill-directed. On top of which were some of the assertions about the numbers of managers, and how that would/could transform into NT players being trained.

There was certainly some critical response to your campaign. But I can attest that's not unusual for the offsite, there's a critical response for just about all of my ideas (and probably rightly so). It is though quite a friendly place, and if you'd care to stick around no matter the result I think you'd find that. Just there are elements of this place being a rugby club, not surprisingly, and thus people do take the proverbial, and again without this appreciation some of the discourse relating to your campaign took on a tone you may have found disappointing but really wasn't anything to get worried about. Once the rejoinders started flying it seemed tricky to see how you'd direct your campaign away from looking like a trolling effort, but recently in large part I think you've done a decent job of that, and hope you continue to do so.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:13 am

if you saw my post about the talent program i wish to implement, you will clearly see i've got extensive plans for them as well. On top of that i wish to record everything in a log so people will see what's going on.

Do you think Wing should implement this "good book" If he gets re-elected?
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:19 am

If he picks up an idea he likes, one he'd find useful then yes. But that's up to him to manage should he win the election.

I certainly don't think it's a necessity, no more than if you won the election would I think you beholden to implement things as Wing might have done.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:37 am

you know the good book is just another name for what im doing although no point leting a divison 5 manager who has been in the game for 1 week know exactly what training every player is on
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down