Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youth Promotion

4 posters

Go down

Youth Promotion Empty Youth Promotion

Post by jamesbass Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get the best out of promoted youth players, but I wonder if I am missing the point when it comes to who I keep and who I let go once they have bene promoted to the senior squad.

My theory up until now has been that I promote players when they are 17ish years old and only keep players with a decent CSR (30k plus) or good skill ratings suited to a particular position.

However, whilst looking at the England squad recently one of the Internationals was scouted with 25 starts, promoted with a CSR of 10k and then sold a couple of weeks later for £600k - I assume this guy must of had good skill ratings.

Is it the case that any player within reason can reach high CSR ratings and skill ratings if you stick at it and train them properly or is it also luck of the draw?

Sorry if this is going over old ground, but any thoughts / commemts would be appreciated!

Thanks

jamesbass

Back to top Go down

Youth Promotion Empty Re: Youth Promotion

Post by quind Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Very good chance you're looking at an older player, back in the dark distant days of old players tended to be promoted with much lower CSR.

It's not bad current rule of thumb to train those 30K CSR + or those suited to a particular role.

Any player can be trained to really high skills, it's just that given you can start easily enough now with players over 25K, even over 30K as you've noted, who would spend a season getting a 15K CSR up to 30K, unless they had really good physicals.

There isn't much in the way of what you can call luck of the draw for how highly you can train players, that was a feature but was removed a long time back. Currently the only issue is players tend to start declining in skills aged 32, but that does vary and can, and only can, come as young as 29

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by gazla Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:35 pm

On skill decline it can also come late (as well as young as 29), recently had a pop on a 34 yr old, and he is still gaining CSR only on TT. Very Happy
gazla
gazla

Back to top Go down

Post by Tedage Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Those 10k players may have had insanely good physicals too. There were less restrictions on height/weight back then.

Tedage

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesbass Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:53 am

Thanks for the comments guys, especially regarding the changes to the game engine.

jamesbass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down